Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5490 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
MT1976

IRELAND
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3d preview super slow

Hi all, I have used SH3d until a couple of weeks ago and everithing was perfect. After some windows 10 update, suddenly 3d preview became terribly slow, it freeze every time i try to use it. I ve tried to uninstall and re-instal with "free version available at SourceForge.net " and "Launch Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start". nothing both version does not work anymore. any ideas how to solve it?
[Jun 3, 2021, 5:16:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: 3d preview super slow

Maybe you imported a 3D model that slows down the program.
Could you check how the demos available in the Gallery or in File > New from demo menu item behave?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 5, 2021, 9:18:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HIdayatsyah

Indonesia

I manage to make my rendering process a bit faster by adding the "Javaw.exe" as a "game" into my AMD Radeon Setting.

I copy this steps from how the kids make their ROBLOX Game run faster/smoother.

Steps are:
1. Open the AMD Radeon Software setting
2. Add Game
3. Browse for location of Javaw.exe (mine is C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\runtime\bin\Javaw.exe)
4. Add JavaW.exe as a game.

After adding it, I set for AMD to override the application setting on several aspects such as anti-aliasing and enable Surface Format Optimization. You may try some other combination.

I also tried to to modified windows graphics setting and add Javaw.exe /SweetHome3D.exe set as "high performance", but seems no effect by that setting.

I think this scheme might be works as well for other video cards. But, please be careful and monitor the temperature of the PC/Processor at trial. I work in a room with 25-30 C, and manage the graphic processor temperature around 60-70 C while running rendering process, and the usage of graphic processor usage is a bit higher (from 4% to 9%)

Appreciate advise from experts here whether this step is safe for my notebook. So far, SH3D application is running well in my notebook.

~Day
Mobile AMD Ryuzen7-Radeon Graphic
16MB RAM, and cups of coffee
[Aug 4, 2021, 9:40:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
edusson

Realize it's an old thread but I thought it may help someone.
Got similar issue, lagging on the 3D view (and even when drawing in the 2D). If I removed the floor texture it did speed up. But the unexpected thing that seems to affect it is if I display the 3D view in separate window and put that window on my second monitor. That creates a lag of 1s...

Cheers
[Jun 23, 2022, 12:26:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hanabi

Australia

I manage to make my rendering process a bit faster by adding the "Javaw.exe" as a "game" into my AMD Radeon Setting.

Steps are:
2. Add Game
3. Browse for location of Javaw.exe (mine is C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\runtime\bin\Javaw.exe)

Thank you so much for this; you are a lifesaver! This worked perfectly for my laptop's NVidia graphics card, and I now have a super-fast 3D view that updates in less than a second and can be smoothly panned with the mouse (updates normally took around 15 seconds previously).
[Jul 14, 2022, 8:47:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Kyle2k

Brasil

Steps are:
2. Add Game

Thank you so much for this; you are a lifesaver! This worked perfectly for my laptop's NVidia graphics card, and I now have a super-fast 3D view that updates in less than a second and can be smoothly panned with the mouse (updates normally took around 15 seconds previously).

[Aug 4, 2022, 2:50:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Kyle2k

Brasil

I posted my last message in error, my reply was inconclusive.

I quoted the colleague above asking if someone could help me with a tutorial on how to optimize the SH3D to get the most out of my RTX 2070 Super video card, don't know how to do it.

No criticisms for this wonderful software, but it's very frustrating to have a high end PC and browse with a very low FPS rate in 3d view.
Hugs and thanks!
[Aug 5, 2022, 12:42:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hanabi

Australia

Kyle2k,

For an NVidia card and assuming your OS is set up the same as mine:

• Right-click on the desktop and choose "NVidia control panel"
  • Under "3D Settings" on the left, select "Manage 3D settings", then select "Program settings" among the tabs on the right
  • Next press "Add" and then wait for a while until the "Select a program" window appears
  • Click "Browse" and then select the location of the "javaw.exe" file (mine is in the "runtime\bin" folder of the Sweet Home 3D installation location); you may need to search for that file though.
  • Click "Open" to close that window.
  • Under "2." of "Program settings", choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor"
    You should now have much faster 3D refresh rate.

[Nov 6, 2022, 3:31:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Solar_Honie

Kyle2k,

For an NVidia card and assuming your OS is set up the same as mine:

• Right-click on the desktop and choose "NVidia control panel"
  • Under "3D Settings" on the left, select "Manage 3D settings", then select "Program settings" among the tabs on the right
  • Next press "Add" and then wait for a while until the "Select a program" window appears
  • Click "Browse" and then select the location of the "javaw.exe" file (mine is in the "runtime\bin" folder of the Sweet Home 3D installation location); you may need to search for that file though.
  • Click "Open" to close that window.
  • Under "2." of "Program settings", choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor"
    You should now have much faster 3D refresh rate.

Hi there! I use NVidia Geforce GTX 1660, and the red line is no where to be found on my NVidia Control Panel. Could you please help me?
[Feb 10, 2024, 11:39:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved