Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 52
Posts: 52   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35835 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: A Better Render

Yes I know.
It was showing what it looked like when I made the face invisible.
[Jun 16, 2021, 11:11:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

For example, if you hide the materials named "edge_color0002555", "edge_color353535255", "material" and "material_0" of "Data Server Tower" objects, it will render correctly.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 16, 2021, 11:12:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

I did what you suggested and it has rendered correctly apart from the object at the top of the image, but I guess that is also to do with something inside the object? See image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84lf35m0oxbvww7/IBM_Data%20Centre%20-%20SRS1.png?dl=0

How did you know that was the problem and how can I avoid this in the future?

Thanks.
[Jun 16, 2021, 11:30:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

DAE files exported from SketchUp have often this problem.
[Jun 16, 2021, 12:04:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

which model files are better?

Do you know of anyone that can produce decent models for use in SH3D?
[Jun 16, 2021, 1:45:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Aren’t the 3D models that you found decent enough, once you adjusted their materials?

Do you know of anyone that can produce decent models for use in SH3D
You could ask to Scopia but I don’t think they will design them for free. Designing 3D models is a long task.
[Jun 16, 2021, 2:39:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Yeah I guess they are good enough.

Our company would pay to have them modelled.
I will contact Scopia.

Thanks.
[Jun 16, 2021, 3:17:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

The object at the top of the image that hasn't rendered correctly only has 3 editable items. What can I do in this case as I've tried to hide the edge_color585858255 but that makes no difference to the render?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84lf35m0oxbvww7/IBM_Data%20Centre%20-%20SRS1.png?dl=0
[Jun 16, 2021, 3:55:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The faces associated to Color_007 material are probably double sided and fight with the face using PDU material. You should duplicate the object, move it 1 mm away and view only PDU material on the copy.
[Jun 16, 2021, 6:41:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Your models are really very simple constructions, thus very easy to re-construct in SH3D.

Select a model, like the Data Server Tower. Export it as an obj-file.

Choose a box, import it to your project, and select modify.
Apply the same dimensions to the box, as the dimensions of the Data Server Tower, and select Modify.

Apply a grey colour ( or whatever colour you prefer) to everything but the front and the back, and then select front. Click on texture, and select import. Find the image file that was exported with your model, and apply it to the front. Then do the same with the back. Make sure to set all shininess to zero.
Select OK.

Do the same for the PDU, and voila: Your models will now render just fine.

I have already done it for you: PDU+ServerTower

[Jun 16, 2021, 6:47:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 52   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved