Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 52
Posts: 52   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35841 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: A Better Render

I don't really see the problem in your image. You're probably more critical because it's your own image. As already said, rendering a larger image then downscaling it would make it sharper.
If you want some reflections on walls and floors like in the second image, make them shiny and choose the 3rd quality level.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 14, 2021, 1:46:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

And set the time to 12:00. Your image seems to be rendered with a timesetting at the morning or the evening.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jun 14, 2021, 2:32:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

This is the image rendered at 12:00 hours.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru8r0zmn221jo7z/IBM_BCS1_NewNorth%401200Hrs.png?dl=0

How can I get rid of shadows altogether?

Thanks.
[Jun 14, 2021, 3:00:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Like Emmanuel mentioned before, try the lower quality levels.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jun 14, 2021, 3:19:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you don't want shadows, choose a night hour and add lights in your design.
[Jun 14, 2021, 3:44:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

If I post a link to my rendered image of a Data Centre, which for some reasons has some issues and a link to the actual SH3D project file would you be able to take a look and see if you can render it any better?

Thanks.
[Jun 14, 2021, 5:23:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

To be honest it's not too bad. There are some strange marks on the Data Racks which I can't understand.

Rendered Image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyn7fqpswvaddto/IBM_Data%20Centre.png?dl=0

Render Settings
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3p8yrvemhtabp5j/Dat...ering%20Settings.png?dl=0

SH3D Project File
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhk7xdfmuc1yrsl/IBM_Data%20Centre.sh3d?dl=0

If you can see what's going on with the Data Racks and try and render it any better, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
[Jun 14, 2021, 5:38:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If your 3D models come from Trimble 3D Warehouse or SketchUp, you should hide its back faces. See this thread for more details.
[Jun 14, 2021, 6:00:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

The 3D models do come from Trimble 3D Warehouse and when I double click on the model and check the materials, everything seems to be OK.

The problem arises when I render the image. It must have something to do with the shadows as you can see strange colours in the preview on the Data Racks, which are all black. See link to a different image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzxxpr6d2oonst0/Image1.png?dl=0

I have to say this is getting frustrating as it should be pretty straight forward.

Thanks.
[Jun 14, 2021, 6:47:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

You could try to use this plugin:

https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/plug-in...toVideoRendering-2.2a.zip

For best result, select the Yafaray renderer.

To get rid of the shadows, you can apply a white solid texture to the sky, select Enable sky lighting and set the time to midnight.

Most of my images are rendered with 3440 px (width),and AA_minsamples set to 64. I use Ambient occlusion most of the time, and prefer Mitchel filter_type for indoors, and Lanczos for exteriors.
But you should try experimenting with different settings.

Cecilia
[Jun 14, 2021, 7:34:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 52   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved