Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 52
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35834 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A Better Render

Hi,

Is it possible to get a sharper render on this image?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1lzanr828lgwxo/IBM_BCS1_NewNorth.png?dl=0

Thanks in advance.
[Jun 2, 2021, 3:28:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: A Better Render

Hard to say without knowing more...

- Make the image larger (more pixels)
- Use highest quality setting 4

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 2, 2021, 3:40:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

I always use the highest quality setting (4) but it always seems a bit grainy. I will try like you suggest and make the image larger.
[Jun 2, 2021, 4:00:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

I tried making the pixel width and height larger, but it just makes the image smaller and it is still grainy.

You are only governed by what is visible in the 3D window. If you zoom in too much then the image starts to disappear.
[Jun 2, 2021, 4:51:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

By "making the image larger", Hans meant to increase the number of pixels of the image width and height in the photo creation dialog box, not changing the point of view in the 3D view.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 2, 2021, 5:42:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Yes sorry, that is what I did and it didn't make any difference on the quality of the rendered image.
[Jun 2, 2021, 6:37:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Did you try with default lens?
[Jun 2, 2021, 8:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Yes it was using the default lens.

This might be a stupid question, but there are many images from users where they have created a house or something similar and it has photographic quality?

How is this achieved and with what rendering engine?
[Jun 3, 2021, 7:17:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Maybe you should read this tip or view this video.
If this is not enough, share an image of your rendering.
[Jun 3, 2021, 10:11:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

I looked at the video and to be honest I don't think it's going to help. Like I said before how are people showing their designs and they look almost like a photograph? They are obviously not using Sweet Home 3D or not the rendering engine that is built it?

I have put links in below. The first one is my image from SH3D and the second is from a competitor of ours and I don't know what package they used for rendering the floor layout but you can see its a lot sharper.

Image 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4cg0lwj5g4a7nf/IBM_BCS1_NewNorth.png?dl=0

Image 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkatnuap391yqs8/Data%20Centre.png?dl=0

Thanks in advance.
[Jun 14, 2021, 9:17:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved