Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3317 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
ssandison

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
More precision in the measurement fields

Is it possible to increase the precision in the measurements fields so that I can more accurate position items?

I'm trying to place an image on a wall using a box with an image as a texture and it needs a solid background colour for it to look right.

Anyway a faint line appears unless I position it with more precision than is available in the field. It accepts the value 112.56 but if you edit the item again it will show the value 112.6. Are you able to change the field type so it accepts 112.56 and maybe even greater precision numbers?

Example image here:

https://pasteboard.co/K2VGeua.png
[May 21, 2021, 3:31:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: More precision in the measurement fields

If you enter 112.56, the stored value will be 112.56 even if it will display 112.6 in the user interface.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 21, 2021, 4:04:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ssandison

United Kingdom

Yes I realise that but if you have a lot of these then its hard to keep track of the true value needed when needing to edit them again.
[May 21, 2021, 4:06:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I’m not convinced that it would be a good idea. At a moment, you have to fix some limits and in architecture, I think that millimeter is already a good precision. Without counting that some values could be displayed without wanted decimals because of the way numbers are stored in Sweet Home 3D.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 21, 2021, 7:44:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ssandison

United Kingdom

Maybe there could be an option set somewhere to enable more precision. That way by default it behaves as it does now but if you need more than a millimetre you can enable that if needed. Maybe this hasn't ever come up before.

My issue is that we have an image with white clouds on it and if you make the background transparent there is a shadow created that makes the clouds look darker than they are and we would want them to be.

To resolve this you need the background colour of the image to be the same as the wall but then by default you will get a line around the image as it's not totally on the wall.

I always move the image as close to the wall as possible because it never snaps totally onto the wall by default so you need to do this with the coordinates but even with doing that it doesn't get close enough with a solid background colour so causes a faint line in rendering.
[May 24, 2021, 10:00:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved