Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9483 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
lilas06

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SH3D and IPAD 2021

Hello
I am working with SH3D for one year on an iMac and it's great but my husband wants to open the files on its iPad. Is anyone currently running SH3D under IpadOS? (iPad Pro )
Thanks
[May 1, 2021, 3:41:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: SH3D and IPAD 2021

He could try to import and edit the SH3D files in the Online version which works under iOS too, but it doesn’t provide as much features as the version available for download.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 1, 2021, 4:55:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lilas06

France

Thanks.
I tried but I did not find out how to open the file I created.
[May 1, 2021, 5:25:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Import it on your Mac in the Online version, then use the iPad to edit it.
[May 1, 2021, 5:45:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vlasti

Eutschland

Hallo,
I‘m trying to geht my sh3d construction onto an iPad Pro 1tb/16GB But Even After Finally Getting it on my PAD, the file is Even compressed 180MB so that the Online-Version limiting to 10-20MB does not allow to Open, though the performance would be allowing.
Any idea how I can Open the file
[Mar 17, 2022, 3:45:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The performance of your iPad might allow to edit a 180 MB file but it must be able to open it first! The 20 MB set on the current version of the Online version was set because some devices weren't able to open larger files. Actually, it depends on your device and also on how the imported file is split on sweethome3d.com server (imported files are optimized to avoid storing the existing free 3D models).
The other limit is the capacity of sweethome3d.com storage and bandwidth, because if I allow larger files to be imported, the server might not be able to stand it at a moment, even if until now, it handles the hundreds of daily users who use the Online version without issues.
[Mar 22, 2022, 6:20:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vlasti

Eutschland

Thank you.
Can I compress that file to 20MB so that I can Open it.?
Or can I Save it as is on the Pad and Open it from the Data-Folder with the Online Version?
[Mar 30, 2022, 2:02:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

With Sweet Home 3D application, you can't get a smaller SH3D compressed file without removing some items from it.
But there could some other ways to reduce this size (but there's a long way from 180 MB to 20 MB). Using the Export to HTML5 plug-in will create a version of your home in a ZIP file with textures at a 256x256 pixels size max.
If you imported some 3D models from Archive 3D, your SH3D file might contain some useless GSM files that you could remove with a ZIP tool.
[Mar 30, 2022, 3:21:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vlasti

Eutschland

Thank you, I installed the Plugin and it converted all into a ZIP-file of course still too large with lots of folders that contain 3d models If I‘m not wrong. Do I have to delete the Folders of no need? Will that disturb the Content?
Where is the file I can Open With the Online-version?
To Check, can I convert the corrected ZIP back into a normal SH3D?
[Mar 31, 2022, 4:44:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The ZIP file generated by Export to HTML5 plug-in contains a second ZIP file named from your project and this second file is actually a simplified Sweet Home 3D file. If you change its .zip extension by .sh3d, you'll be able to open it with Sweet Home 3D or import it in Sweet Home 3D Online, but only if it's still smaller than 20 MB.
[Mar 31, 2022, 5:25:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved