Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3851 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
mosandro

Russie
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Furniture inserts on a plan as white rectangle with pictogram - ?

...just the same as shown in your 12-year old video about v.1.7
Furniture looks o.k. in 3d window, but in the 2d "plan" window it appears as white rectangle with small pic in the middle. While i rotate/resize furniture, this pictogram doesn't rotates.

SweetHome downloaded just now, all furniture librairies from this site.
It is Win7pro-32, fresh Java8 installed today from Java site. There was no java installed before.

How to troubleshoot this? Can some security settings of Java available thru Java user GUI trigger this?
[Apr 27, 2021, 3:49:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Furniture inserts on a plan as white rectangle with pictogram - ?

Did you select Top view option in the preferences pane?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 27, 2021, 10:09:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mosandro

Russie

ouff, the bug is quite tricky... at least 3 factors are in play:

1) which way i have closed SweetHome previous time (menu File -> Close project, OR just pressing close button in the upper right corner)
2) which view was active in the moment of closing app
3) what i did with wiews menu after app is open "blanc" (no file open yet), before opening the file (nothing, OR switching Top wiew -> Virtual visit once, OR switching then swithing back)

Some right sequence exist - once or twice i closed app, re-opened it, and all the furniture appeared correctly! I did some 50 or 100 experiments closing and re-opening in hope the workaround can be found by just combining some order of clicks. Can't find it, cant repeat succesful restarting, too much combinations possible sad sad sad or, maybe, this bug is irregular...

I always start app with desktop icon (newer tried to double-click project file), and i open only one project at once (no multiwindow mode).

After re-opening the empty app (no project opened yet), view setting in the menu isn't always the same. Sometimes Top view is chosen, sometimes Virtual visit.

Once a file is yet open with "white rectangles", nothing helps. Switching Top wiew \ Virtual visit changes nothing. But, sometimes, it opens rigth way!

Quite annoying situation. Hope i brought any useful info...
[Apr 27, 2021, 5:33:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mosandro

Russie

Bug disappeared after after some number of design sessions.
I did nothing special for it - no reinstalls, no other settings changes, just launched and worked for a couple of days.
[May 30, 2021, 11:14:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved