Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4395 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
reddy.shyam

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help needed to change java max heap size

Hi,

Can someone help me with this please? I have seen FAQS but adding -Xmx in ini file but seems no effect on v6.5. I am on Windows10 Pro 64bit 20H2 latest.
[Apr 15, 2021, 4:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

Re: Help needed to change java max heap size

Sorry, the post was incomplete. I have 16GB of RAM but even changing requirement to -Xmx6g doesnot have any effect. It still uses only 2GB of ram though I have more than 50% free of 16GB
[Apr 15, 2021, 4:33:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Are you sure your file is named SweetHome3D.l4j.ini and not SweetHome3D.l4j.ini.txt?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 15, 2021, 5:14:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for looking into it. yes, its definitely .ini file.
[Apr 15, 2021, 5:55:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

Hi Emmanuel,

Just checked, changed from 6GB to 4GB and now it is using 3GB instead of 2. Is it OS dependent?
[Apr 15, 2021, 6:09:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved