Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 40
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 78637 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Side view plug-in

Hello,

Here's the Side view plug-in (44 kB) which displays the edited home from one of its side using a parallel projection. Once this plug-in is installed, you may select the additional Tools > Display side view menu item (en français, le menu Outils > Afficher vue de côté) to view the side of your home in a separated dialog box. The viewed side will depend on the current body angle used in the 3D view, to let you choose an angle different from the classical 0°, 90°, 180° or 270° values.
Use the modification dialog box of the visual visitor to precisely adjust the body angle value.

While this dialog box is opened, you may still change the point of view in the plan or the 3D view to adjust the side view image, or edit your home and simultaneously view the changes in this dialog box.
You may also resize it and save the displayed image in a PNG file at the size of your choice. Finally, you may select the object under the cursor at the place where you'll right click (or toggle its selection if the Shift key is pressed).

The width of the displayed space depends on the total size of the visible items in your home, and as shown in the previous image, you may view some kind of cutting plane depending on the place of the point of view. Maybe, it will be possible to zoom in a future version.

Hope this plug-in will satisfy most needs regarding this long awaited feature smile

Download links for Side view plug-in:
Side view plug-in 1.1 was released on 09/22/2022 with new features explained here
Side view plug-in 1.0 was released on 04/02/2021
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Sep 22, 2023, 6:25:41 PM]
[Apr 2, 2021, 5:27:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Side view plug-in

Wow! This will be welcomed by many users. Can't wait to give it a try...

Thank you!

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 2, 2021, 7:43:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Good news! Sweet Home 3D is very creative all these days!!
[Apr 2, 2021, 8:05:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Excellent work Puybaret, just drawing up plans for a new workshop we are moving to, can delete a side wall and print a view of inside now. applause
[Apr 2, 2021, 8:17:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dmcclurg

United States

Much appreciated! Elevations are key to submitting to understanding a design. I like the flexible way you implemented this
[Apr 5, 2021, 2:15:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you all for your feedback. I’m glad you like this plug-in smile
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 5, 2021, 7:55:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Wish for many years of function. Thank you very much.

It's tested. It works
[Apr 5, 2021, 8:11:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

I combined this great new plugin with OKH ideas published in this old thread to realize this image.

The aim was to be able to add some dimension lines on side views of the house available in the demo #8, which I slightly changed.
With the plugin, I created two side views of the house in .png files, that I reimported in two new designs with the Plan > Import background image tool.
At the second step of the Background image wizard, I entered the main dimension of the house.
Then, in the Plan, I added some horizontal and vertical dimension lines with the Create dimensions tool. I had to increase the size of the dimension numbers.
In File > Page Set up dialog box, I only selected Print Plan and printed the plan in a PDF file.
I repeated this process for the second side view and finally, I neatly assembled the two images in an image processing piece of software to get the final image.
[May 17, 2021, 3:50:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

@Veronique

Dapper attempt to add dimensions to a sideview. But honestly, what we need is something as easy as Dorin's auto-dimensioning plugin.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[May 18, 2021, 9:08:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bitacovir

applause Re: Side view plug-in

applause applause applause applause applause applause
Thank you very much for this plugin. For many years I consider Sweet Home 3D has a limited development, because it kept the same deliverables: Image of a Plan View and 3D renders. Now we have a more complete software. As an architect, I have used SH3D for concept design and sketching. Elevation views are a good complement to deliver a full presentation of an design idea, during the early design stage of a project.
I hope you can keep improving this plugin.
Regards.

PD: SweetHome3D is recommended for the OSArch Community https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=AEC_Free_Software_directory
[May 18, 2021, 4:54:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved