Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 58
Posts: 58   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 182370 times and has 57 replies Next Thread
ivan.daudt

Brasil
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Terrain Generator plug-in

Same thing here.
SH3D: 6.6a
Java: openjdk version "11.0.15" 2022-04-19
Java 3D: v1.5.2 - NATIVE OGL
[Jun 3, 2022, 8:44:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ivan.daudt

Brasil

In reply to my own post: downgraded to version 1.1 of the plugin and its working just fine.

The error happens only on ver 1.2
[Jun 3, 2022, 9:05:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
captaincook
Advanced Member

France

Merci beaucoup Puybaret pour cette nouvelle version du générateur de terrain.
Il apporte pas mal de nouvelles fonctions avec notamment la possibilité de faire des retours arrières sans revenir à 0.
Et celle de créer des points multiples.

Néanmoins, je pense qu'il faut beaucoup le pratiquer avant de bien le maitriser.

Je sens que je vais y passer du temps.

Bonne journée à vous.
[Jun 8, 2022, 4:37:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks Kostis and Ivan for your feedback, the bug you reported is fixed in version 1.2.1.

And good luck Alain alias captaincook!
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 10, 2022, 8:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Weevoir

UK

Thanks Kostis and Ivan for your feedback, the bug you reported is fixed in version 1.2.1.

And good luck Alain alias captaincook!

I am unable to enable the terraine generator - it is greyed out in my installation (11.0.10)
I have rebooted my PC
[Oct 15, 2022, 4:32:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Just must have a room selected to enable the Terrain Generator. Read the information in this thread: https://sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,10995 to help you on your way.

Basically, a generated terrain is on object created using a room. The terrain elevations are stored with the room data. As long as you don't delete that room you can go back to that room, select it, start the terrain generator, and make further changes to the terrain. If you want to keep the room with the terrain elevations safe but not visible use a separate level for the room which you can make invisible.
Once the terrain is generated you can move the generated terrain to a different level using cut-and-paste. You can set a texture using the rooms floor or set a texture after the object is generated. Experimenting will show which gives you the best results.

A handy trick is to use multiple adjacent rooms with different textures. Select multiple rooms before starting the terrain generator and all will be included for elevating.
You can use very thin walls to create a room with curves so you are not stuck with square rooms.

Try this trick to create a path that slopes with the rest of the terrain:
Use thin walls to craw the path. Give the rooms on both sides a grass texture and the path itself a pavement. Now select both the grass and the pavement rooms and start the terrain generator. Where you lift the terrain touching the path it will elevate along with the grass slopes on the sides.
[Oct 15, 2022, 7:01:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
chris.williams@systemvision.co

Australia

Hello,
Trying to run the Terrain Generator under windows 11 and it keeps crashing.
The scenario is that I have a large block of land and I've created a room to represent the block of land. when I try to run the plug-in, The pop-up window appears for a short period and then crashes the whole program
Tried version 1.2.1, 1.2, 1.1 and same issue.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
[Feb 18, 2023, 5:31:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Hello,
Trying to run the Terrain Generator under windows 11 and it keeps crashing.
The scenario is that I have a large block of land and I've created a room to represent the block of land. when I try to run the plug-in, The pop-up window appears for a short period and then crashes the whole program
Tried version 1.2.1, 1.2, 1.1 and same issue.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
How large is 'large'? The maximum size I managed to reasonably generate is approximately 300mx300m. Anything bigger and it either takes many hours to just start or it just stops, i.e. it crashes back to the plan. Too big also has the disadvantage that any movement takes again a very long time to complete, making it virtually unworkable.
Try dividing your large block into a grid of smaller rooms and generate just a few parts leaving the borders untouched. Select the next set of rooms overlapping the previous set of blocks to generate the next part. I tried it with sets of 3x3 rooms of 100mx100, resulting in a 300x300 square. Very slow but it worked.
You will need a LOT of patience.
A very fast computer might stretch your options to a slightly bigger size. Also make sure to give SH3D/Java more memory if you haven't done that yet: https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/vie...BBBA35690A13356E54D7#5802
[Feb 18, 2023, 12:34:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

To add to my previous post:
After you have generated a set of rooms just delete the generated terrain object. The data itself is stored in the room so it's not lost. After you have completed elevating all grid blocks you can generate each single grid block or sets of consecutive 3x3 blocks to regenerate terrain objects that fill you total terrain.
[Feb 18, 2023, 12:38:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cactuskid02

USA

Has anybody tried creating a function to read a topology map and generate terrain from that, inputting the gradient scale and direction of slope?
[Aug 24, 2023, 12:44:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 58   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved