Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 58
Posts: 58   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 181768 times and has 57 replies Next Thread
EricThomas

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Terrain Generator plug-in

Bonjour,
Merci pour l'outil.

je ne peux pas corriger le terrain ,le menu n'est accessible qu'une seule fois.
[Apr 11, 2021, 5:02:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you want to modify the generated shape, you have to select the room(s) like the first time.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 11, 2021, 6:02:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Super!!!

Question: i am trying to dram landscape around house, maybe in a future version of plugin, it would be AWESOME if we could have the whole house or at least objects at the same elevation level in the preview window, does'nt even know if it's possible "code saying".

Congratulations for terrain AND side view plugin sooooo helpful
[Apr 14, 2021, 3:20:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
EricThomas

When I select the room, the menu is grayed.
[Apr 14, 2021, 5:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
EricThomas

OK, I finnaly found how it works.

I must first delete the "Terrain", the room is under the "Terrain" and memorized the deformation. biggrin
[Apr 14, 2021, 5:33:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cactuskid02

USA

This plugin is a great idea. However, for LARGE properties, it is not good. The property I am trying to replicate is 150' wide by 300' deep. It has a 16' rise along the diagonal from back right to front left. Amongst that slope are some drainage valleys. For me to go point to point, or even using the magnetism or the alignment functions, would take an enormous amount of time. In my case, I would think being able to input the corner elevations, and perhaps some halfway points, would get a beginning slope to work with. Then modify the terrain up or down in specific areas as needed.
[Apr 15, 2021, 12:54:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the version 1.1 of the Terrain Generator plug-in which provides some small bug fixes and the following improvements:
- A wireframe view of walls, rooms and furniture visible in the 3D view will now be displayed in the preview of the plug-in dialog box, unless you unselect the new Display home wireframe check box. This should be helpful when you need to adjust the elevation of some points according to the elevation of some windows or upper floors.
- The new Influence radius field will let you enter the value of the maximum radius of the disk centered on the elevated point where other points will be elevated too, or when alignment is activated, the half value of the maximum width of the band around the elevated point.
- Some feedback was added to show the elevated point and the influence disk or band where points will be elevated while dragging the mouse, as shown in the following videos.

Hope you'll like these new features smile
[Apr 29, 2021, 4:07:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Thank you for this update. It's getting better, but not yet perfect.

1 - Once I draw a room and click OK, I cannot edit the room anymore. After some experimentation, I found that if I move the room (now terrain) to the side, the original room is still present underneath the terrain. When I select the original room, the terrain appears and I can edit it.
2 - The difference between Magnetism ON and OFF is that we get the old spikes, or the new more gradual elevations.
3 - It is not clear to me what Alignment does, or how to switch it on/off.
4 - I cannot reproduce the action in the second image, where it seems the whole width of the terrain is raised.
5 - Maybe it's a nice idea to generate the terrain in a new level at the same height. (Yes, I can make the terrain invisible, but then still need the original room underneath it if I want to edit the terrain.
6 - Maybe it's a nice idea to include switches for Magnetism and Alignment in the interface. (Yes, you can use ALT for Magnetism)

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 30, 2021, 8:13:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure this plug-in will be perfect one day wink

1 - Once I draw a room and click OK, I cannot edit the room anymore. After some experimentation, I found that if I move the room (now terrain) to the side, the original room is still present underneath the terrain. When I select the original room, the terrain appears and I can edit it.
The idea is that if the terrain is incorrect, you wouldn't want to keep it and probably delete it. Therefore, the data about elevated points is stored in the room(s) which were used to generate the terrain and should be selected to generate a modified terrain.

2 - The difference between Magnetism ON and OFF is that we get the old spikes, or the new more gradual elevations.
When magnetism is off, only the elevation of the dragged point is changed. It's useful if you want to adjust the elevation of one point. With this idea in mind, I'm not sure to understand your issue with spikes, even if "magnetism" should be maybe renamed as "smooth".

3 - It is not clear to me what Alignment does, or how to switch it on/off.
4 - I cannot reproduce the action in the second image, where it seems the whole width of the terrain is raised.
Alignment is activated with the Shift key and makes the points around the dragged point more or less elevated along all the current horizontal axis.

5 - Maybe it's a nice idea to generate the terrain in a new level at the same height.
Create a level at same elevation first before using the plug-in. The terrain object will be added to the selected level.
[Apr 30, 2021, 9:31:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Thanks for your reply.

#2 Magnetism was mentioned only because I missed the explanation of its use.
#4 Alignment using SHIFT is extremely useful. Thanks. The word "current" in your reply is important. Horizontal refers to the on-screen image you see. But, if you rotate the terrain, you also change the "horizontal" plane, allowing a far more flexible editing of the terrain.
#5 I'm soooo lazy... :-)

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Apr 30, 2021, 11:48:49 AM]
[Apr 30, 2021, 9:45:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 58   Pages: 6   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved