Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5188 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
henrisson

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Reproducible crash when importing furniture

Starting today, I can consistently crash Sweet Home 3D (Version 6.5.1 Mac App Store, MacOS) by importing furniture.

I'm not sure whether it's the result of one of the existing pieces I have imported, or the library getting too large, or the update released 2 days ago according to the mac store.

What happens: I select a zipped DAE file, the first dialog looks fine, and when comes the dialog to check/change orientation, I get the MacOS lollipop spinner - the only thing I can do at that point is force quit.

When force-quitting I get a trace - not sure how useful that it, but happy to paste it here if useful.
[Mar 14, 2021, 10:00:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Reproducible crash when importing furniture

It’s probably the same issue as reported in this thread. Hope we’ll soon find a solution for this bug that I can’t reproduce (yet?).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Apr 1, 2021, 6:30:06 PM]
[Mar 15, 2021, 7:52:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
henrisson

United States

Would the trace help?
[Mar 16, 2021, 1:13:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sb0373

Germany

I am actually in the same boat on CentOS 8 with Java 11.0.9.1.
Bug 1015/the linked issue seems to be different as the system is freezing on import. On my system and as far as I understand, on this post SweetHome3D is crashing.

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.202-b08 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libawt_xawt.so+0x45ee9] ReadRegionsInList.constprop.5+0x4e9

I have thread dumps available.
[Apr 17, 2021, 4:03:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
thomasa88

I hit the same problem when updating Ubuntu. Reported the crash to this bug: https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/bugs/943/

Building Sweet Home 3D from the last source code version, r7881, the crash is gone.
[Jul 20, 2021, 12:51:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thomasa88, the bug #943 / #864 isn't the same as the original post. The crash you encountered happens when Sweet Home 3D tries to create a small screenshot of the imported 3D model at the last step of the wizard.
But thanks for reporting a solution smile
[Jul 20, 2021, 7:15:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dam_j

Thomasa88, the bug #943 / #864 isn't the same as the original post. The crash you encountered happens when Sweet Home 3D tries to create a small screenshot of the imported 3D model at the last step of the wizard.
But thanks for reporting a solution smile

I have exactly this problem with MacOS on 6.5.2.

100% reproducible with my MacPro running MacOS Catalina and my old MacBook Pro running MacOS HighSierra.

Is there a downgrade version ?

I totally understand that i have no right to complain about free SW, but please fix it love struck
[Jul 22, 2021, 8:26:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Please use the version proposed in this post.
[Jul 22, 2021, 9:34:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dam_j

Please use the version proposed in this post.

That solved my problem, thank you very much !!
[Jul 23, 2021, 10:51:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shakylegs36

USA

Yes, this has recently happened to me. I have done a work-around. I opened a project file I had made previously, scrubbed it clean, then saved it with the title: "Blank." So when I do a new project I load the "Blank" file from the "Open Recent Home" selection list, proceed with the drawing, then do a "Save As." A nuisance but works for me.
[Dec 1, 2023, 4:41:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved