Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1954 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
SH25414

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Start with builder's floor plans

I want to begin with a builder's floor plans which I have saved on my computer. The floor plan is one story, is totally complete, no walls need to be drawn, no doors need to be drawn, all rooms and closets are in place including the garage.

My primary objective is to 1) see the plans in 3D; 2) see plan dimensions in ft (imperial); 3) be able to place our own furniture in the floor plans, i.e. measure our existing furniture and place the furniture throughout the floor plan. 4) be able to pick various floor styles, carpet/tile.

Thank you
Philip Collins
[Mar 9, 2021, 6:07:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Start with builder's floor plans

Maybe you should user's guide, it explains pretty much everything you look for.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 10, 2021, 3:44:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kte6599566

I'm also trying to do the same thing. I've read the users guide, imported the plans....the scaling i'm having issues with. No matter what measurements are selected, it loads like .1 of an inch. It's unworkable. What am I doing wrong?
[Apr 4, 2021, 11:06:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You probably entered a wrong size during the second step of the Import background image wizard. The entered value must match the size of the line drawn below in the real life, not its size at screen or on the paper you scanned. If the current unit is centimeter or inch, this value will be probably much larger than 100.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 5, 2021, 7:53:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved