Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4822 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Tandempartner_in

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Mac App Store version won't install

Hello everyone!
I have been using the free version for quite some time now, and I am very happy with it.
So, wanting to support the developers (and get the extra models), I decided to purchase the App Store version.
That went well apart up to the point where Launchpad says "Installing / 245.6 MB of 245.6 MB" for hours, and apparently nothing happens any more.

Moving the "Sweet Home 3D" folder out of Library/Preferences/ and restarting the Mac did not help.
I am running macOS 10.15.7 Catalina and I am trying to install version 6.4.7.

Did anyone encounter the same issue, or do you have any idea what might help?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
[Mar 9, 2021, 8:37:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Mac App Store version won't install

I don't remember someone reporting this issue, but I would first try to reboot the computer in front of this kind of strange behavior. Did you try?

By the way, thanks for your support smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 9, 2021, 2:44:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tandempartner_in

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse! (that's about all my French biggrin)
Yes, I tried that, a couple of times, sometimes I deleted the not-quite-installed program file in the applications folder beforehand, sometimes I left it there. Each time with the same result.

Is there another way to get the app to install? Can I maybe access previous version in the app store?
[Mar 10, 2021, 5:20:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tandempartner_in

Ah. I found the problem: I tricked myself. I didn't delete the free version from the Applications folder, I just renamed it (that seemed like a good idea at the time …).
Deleting the app before installing the App Store version solved the issue, now everything works as expected.

Thanks for your support!
[Mar 10, 2021, 6:57:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Stange issue. Thanks for finding out and reporting it smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 10, 2021, 3:52:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved