Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 49
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35909 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
mephits

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Freezing in SH3D and Furniture Editor importing models

Thank you! I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what was going on with SH3D. I'm running the current App Store build on a 2015 3.3 GHz Core i7 iMac with 16 GB RAM. I was running MacOS 10.14.6 until a couple of weeks ago when I finally bit the bullet and changed to Monterrey 12.6.1. SH3D suddenly stopped importing anything; instead locking up until I force-quit it. Disabling BTT for SH3D immediately solved the problem. Thanks again for the tip!
[Nov 22, 2022, 6:00:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This bug is now fixed in the Mac App Store version 7.0.7 too. Thanks for your patience!
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 22, 2022, 11:31:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mephits

It looks like 7.0.7 is working fine for me. Just imported a couple of different models with no problems.

Thank you!
[Nov 23, 2022, 5:56:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The version 7.1 released today includes the correction proposed in the temporary version 7.0.2d, and should solve the issue reported in this thread.
[Mar 3, 2023, 9:00:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Punctum

SH 3D v 7.2 running on M1 Pro, with Sonoma. Same issue can't import any furniture anymore.
[Nov 20, 2023, 8:31:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Punctum, please give more details about your issue and how to reproduce it because the bug described in this thread was fixed some time ago.
By the way, what version of Sonoma do you use?
[Nov 21, 2023, 12:31:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Punctum

Precisely the same issue that has been described here before. But I don't have anything like BTT or Rectangle running.
Furniture> Import > Furniture > Choose MOdel > Continue then at the second screen of the Furniture import wizard, it freezes. I have to force quit SH3D.
The issue started about two weeks ago. I was running the previous version of macOS and SH3D 7.1; upgrading both to the latest version didn't solve the issue.
Sonoma is 14.1.1
[Nov 21, 2023, 5:35:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Punctum

SOLVED:
Ok, I tried to quit all apps running in the background one by one.
"Grammarly Desktop" solved the issue. After I quit it, Furniture İmport Wizard just worked fine.
[Nov 21, 2023, 6:15:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your patient search. I could reproduce this bug in macOS Ventura too.
This makes a new bug to solve but at least, there's a working solution for the moment.
[Nov 21, 2023, 10:56:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved