Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1888 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
knowwhat

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How do I make a floor opaque on a top layer (Plan view) so I can cover furniture on lower levels ?

Hi.
I've defined and exterior textured enclosed room area as grass layer 2.

I have large trees on layer 1. In plan view I want to use the grass room to cover the large square of the 30 foot tree, so the trunk will still be visible in Plan view, but not the large square.

Is it possible for enclosed room areas to be opaque in plan view so it can cover other furniture on lower levels ? I can't seem to make this work.

Thank you.

Jenna
[Feb 27, 2021, 4:33:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knowwhat

USA
Re: How do I make a floor opaque on a top layer (Plan view) so I can cover furniture on lower levels ?

Excuse the 2nd post, I don't see an 'edit' button. To correct... The trees (Furniture, Layer 1) have a large square box area in plan view, I want to use a room on it's own layer to cover as an overlapping section of the large tree square, but the room will not cover over any part of the furniture in plan view. I've tried color and textures for the room (Display floor checked) but it will not cover. Thank you.
[Feb 27, 2021, 8:09:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How do I make a floor opaque on a top layer (Plan view) so I can cover furniture on lower levels ?

I've read your posts twice, but can't imagine what you need. Can you post images and/or your file?

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Feb 27, 2021, 8:38:15 PM]
[Feb 27, 2021, 8:37:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knowwhat

USA

hansmex,

I'm leaving tomorrow for a week so I can't post at this time, but I wanted to reply to you.

Simplified... Can a Room Floor become opaque so it can cover over an imported furniture icon in Plan view ?

I am unable to achieve this: Linux 6.42

Thank you much.

Regards.
[Feb 27, 2021, 11:59:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you add a floor to a room, it is always opaque.
Try this:
- draw four walls to make a room
- click the Rooms button to insert the room/ floors
- add a Level and set the elevation lower than the first level (elevation can be negative)
- add furniture to the lower floor
- done

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 28, 2021, 7:41:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
knowwhat

USA

Thank you.

[SOLVED]
[Mar 18, 2021, 6:16:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved