Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4981 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
krixpulo

Spain
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Some wishes

I have been working with this tool for a short time but I can already appreciate its power and possibilities. The use that I am giving it is particular because my work is not related to it.
From my current experience with the tool I would like to suggest some possibilities.

Levels
That can be grouped by their own categories. For example:

• Structure
  • Furniture
  • Electricity
  • Plumbing
  • Air conditioner
  • etc.

And that all levels of a category can be made invisible.

Catalogue
The catalog could be edited in such a way that:

• That the names of the categories in the catalog can be changed
  • Categories could be deleted or created
  • Elements could be moved from one category to another
  • Elements could be renamed or deleted

Objects
Understanding by objects: walls, rooms, polylines, dimensions, texts, and furniture ...
- See could know to which level each object belongs
- The object could be changed from one level to another

By pressing the right button on an object a floating menu appears with only the actions that can be done with that object, and at the end the attributes will appear grouped by similarity.

That by double-clicking on the object a floating window with the object's attributes appears (as is done now) but that this window is structured with tabs according to the similarities of the attributes (dimensions, placement on the plane, colors and textures, etc. ..) and that it is the same for all objects, although only the active attributes of each object can be edited (for example, a wall object has no ceiling and therefore the attribute would appear but disabled and cannot be edited).

Create a lock attribute for each object and that if this object is activated it cannot be moved, resized, deleted or any of its attributes changed.

Features
- A cutting tool would be a great help for everything.
- A stretch/compress tool would also be helpful.

One final question/suggestion: a texture could have percentage of transparency

Thanks in advance

[Feb 23, 2021, 1:23:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
libertariandoge

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Some wishes

Great input, i just had the idea aswell, that is why i registred.

I haven't seen this idea in any program yet. Layers for your house.

Gimp has it, Simcity 4 has it and in reality it is the same

You order different workers for different layers. Walls > roof > Water / Electricity > floor and walls to make it nicer ... whatever - iam not 100% sure but these layers would be really helpful.

It would be also great to put like tubes and holes in walls to lay down LAN and electricitry cables and water tubes through the house.

This would be especially amazing for a technician room.
[Aug 4, 2021, 1:47:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved