Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3118 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Basement Level "Lip"?

Question: Is it normal for a basement level to show a lip protruding over the ground? The basement floor elevation is negative 7'9 7/8". The mail level still shows 0' floor elevation. It's the first time I created a basement level and an upper level. Nothing bad seems to be affected. I tried making the basement two ways: 1) add new level and set the new (negative) elevation, added walls/room/height, and 2) add new level at same elevation (as main level) and set the new (negative) elevation, added walls/room/height. Both do the same thing. I'm assuming this is normal with the current SH3D version. I was watching older YouTube videos and the basement appeared flush with the ground. Here you can see the edge of the added basement level "lip" on the edge of my main 0' elevation level. Part of my kitchen has indented walls on its floorplan. Maybe by design SH3D overlaps floors with no harm?

----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Feb 7, 2021, 10:40:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Denis1874

France
Re: Basement Level "Lip"?

Hello, I tried to reproduce your problem..without success !

You can see the floor of the basement , and the floor(blue tiles) of the level 0 . I made a notch in the floor in order to be able to see the basement floor.

It seems that your wall is is not at the border of your room .. Did you check you don't have two rooms stacked on top of one another ?

Hope it helps .
MacMini 3GHz Intel Core i5 6 cores 64Go macOS Big Sur 12.2.1
[Feb 8, 2021, 2:26:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Denis1874

France

One idea !
It seems that you create walls twice, once for the basement level, then for the main level?
Did you try to copy/paste walls from basement level to main level ?

Hope it helps.
MacMini 3GHz Intel Core i5 6 cores 64Go macOS Big Sur 12.2.1
[Feb 8, 2021, 2:55:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Here's just the basement level viewable. I used measurements from my actual house. Been double checking them. The basement walls are not higher than the negative floor elevation. The wall height plus the main level floor thickness equals the total basement height to ground zero. That 1 5/8" thin floor is due to the hardwood floor and wood sub-floor (with framing support underneath) between the basement and main floor.

Or should the basement wall height equal the basement depth? It doesn't work that way with the other levels though. Also, the indented gaps you see on the kitchen exterior shot is due to the interior room shape. Later that will be covered with an even brick wall layer.

[Feb 8, 2021, 3:19:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Ah, I fixed it. The default height for new walls was set to 8'0 1/2" that's used for the other 2 floors. I selected the basement walls and changed then from that to 7'8 1/4" now it's correct a little below the surface to account for the ceiling thickness.
[Feb 8, 2021, 3:35:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Hi,
A new tip in the excellent (!) Sweet Home 3D blog is released, explaining how to add and decorate a negative level. Enjoy!
[Apr 22, 2022, 1:18:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved