Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 36012 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
digitaltrails

New Zealand
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Kitchen

I would try to allow more working space either side of the sink and hob.

I'm not keen on non-square angles in very square rooms. Perhaps consider alternatives to what looks to be a corner pantry in the first post. Depending on layout, a very compact pantry option might be something like a Blum Space Tower.

Islands have to be quite large to be workable, but then they take up a lot of space and require more walking. I described my concerns with kitchen islands in a recent post in this forum as well as providing a link to quite a useful book on kitchen design.

Returning to the first design. When planning our renovation, our initial design had the hob on the back wall, with a nicely hidden rangehood much like you design. In the end we moved the hobb to a side wall so the "chef" can more easily interact with guests. For the similar reasons we put the sink (and dishwasher) in a deeper return facing into the room. (images in this old post ). For safety and convenience we placed the fridge, sink, dish-drawers and dishwasher so they could be accessed without having to enter the cooking area.

Of the two pictured "island" designs, I think like the calmer version, the geometric elements are still there, but they are less in your face, they seem to play better together.
[Mar 5, 2021, 8:58:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
servin

Romania

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0zblxw49lo6vaa...931638814873629.webp/file
[Feb 6, 2023, 7:26:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
servin

Romania

[Feb 7, 2023, 7:30:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
servin

Romania

[Feb 7, 2023, 7:32:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Very very nice! I love the wooden "touches"
[Feb 7, 2023, 9:11:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France
applause Re: Kitchen

Very beautiful realization... which gives new ideas for the future!
[Feb 7, 2023, 9:14:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Well done !

But, where is the fridge ?

biggrin
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Feb 8, 2023, 6:20:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
servin

Romania

Here i am smile
[Feb 9, 2023, 7:37:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

The timber elements play well together.

Some off the cuff thoughts (which might be half baked and plain wrong)...

There are lot of rectangular shapes, I wonder if a rectangular pillar might work better with the rest of the shapes?

I presume the pillar is structural and necessary. Could it be hidden inside a functional feature such as storage unit? Or perhaps lightened up in some way - it appears quite chunky - would a veneer similar to the splashback work any better?

The prep and cook area looks like it would work well.

The refrigerator doesn't have a landing area in easy reach (a nearby bench or similar surface). That might lead to arms full of stuff to juggle. Could it be swapped with the wine-rack unit, then the refrigerator would be right beside the sink bench, and the wine would be near the dining table.
[Feb 9, 2023, 9:19:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
servin

Romania

You are right, I will change it.
[Feb 9, 2023, 10:59:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved