Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 62
Posts: 62   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 95366 times and has 61 replies Next Thread
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.5

<technical answer>
Most of the properties that could be only retrieved from an instance of HomePieceOfFurniture or a subclass can now be modified too with their new setters (setModel, setPlanIcon, setInformation...). Of course, I also added some listeners in the plan and 3D view components to update them when a call to these methods is done, but there's no user interface to call them yet, even if I checked they correctly work. Some of these methods were added for modifications I had to make to EvidenceMarkerGenerator plug-in.
The easiest way to test them is probably with the JavaScript console in a browser running with a SweetHome3DJS example. For example, the following JavaScript instruction will replace the model of the piece selected in the plan by the model of the piece selected in the furniture catalog:
application.getHomes()[0].getSelectedItems()[0].setModel(
application.getHomeController(application.getHomes()[0]).
getFurnitureCatalogController().getSelectedFurniture()[0].getModel());
</technical answer>

If I understand correctly, these new setters currently only allow permutations as in your example or the Paste style function.
For light sources, have you also planned to add setters to modify the color for example?
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Mar 17, 2021, 2:43:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

For light sources, have you also planned to add setters to modify the color for example?
No, even if it's not declared as final, the LightSource class like a few other model classes (BackgroundImage, HomePrint, Baseboard, HomeMaterial, HomeTexture, Sash, TextStyle...) are immutable.
If you want to change the color of a light source, create a new LightSource instance and call setLightSources on a HomeLight instance.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 17, 2021, 2:01:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Puybaret

Thanks for the clarification, I will adapt my utilities to suit rather than copying the properties one by one.
EnkoNyito
[Mar 17, 2021, 4:15:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
creativejuice

United States

Hi! I discovered this program yesterday, downloaded for my Mac Big Sur 11.2.1 and successfully designed several layouts. I saved them and today, when I open the app, it just glitches and freezes with a blank light blue screen. It shows my files as "recovered" in the window tab but I can't see my designs. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I'm not tech saavy. What else can I do? I really need my files printed ASAP. Thank you!
[Mar 18, 2021, 5:45:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

What happens when you try to save the recovered files?

By the way, please no "ASAP" angry
[Mar 22, 2021, 10:39:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
phen

Export to .swg is not working in version 6.5.
Has anyone encountered this problem?
[Mar 23, 2021, 10:30:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I tried to export to SVG again and didn't encounter any issue.
Maybe your home is quite large, or you used a very large icon size in preferences, in which case you should try with a smaller size.
[Mar 24, 2021, 4:39:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
phen

I tried exporting to .sVg on two different computers. The file .sVg becomes very small in size. In version 6.3 there were no such problems.

Only the launch Sweet Home with "Java Web Start" helped me to get normall file .svg
[Mar 25, 2021, 10:47:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Is the temp file(work directory) not automatically cleared?
[Apr 11, 2021, 9:21:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It should but apparently Sweet Home 3D with Java 11 doesn't perform this removal under Windows anymore sad
I'll try to check what's going on and fix it in the next version. Meanwhile, if you don't clear the work directory yourself, only subfolders of work directory older than a week will be cleared 10 minutes after program launch. Sorry for the inconvenience this regression may cause you and thanks for reporting it.
[Apr 11, 2021, 6:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 62   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved