Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 62
Posts: 62   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 95359 times and has 61 replies Next Thread
reddy.shyam

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.5

Sweet Home 3D 6.5 was released tonight. Many thanks for your help and feedback.

Would it be possible to detect the useOffScreen3DView situation and automatically correct it?
Unfortunately no, since offscreen 3D support can't be detected reliably under Linux.

Super, thanks Emmanuel. Appreciate all your hardwork. applause applause
[Mar 3, 2021, 4:44:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

Sweet Home 3D 6.5 was released tonight. Many thanks for your help and feedback.

Would it be possible to detect the useOffScreen3DView situation and automatically correct it?
Unfortunately no, since offscreen 3D support can't be detected reliably under Linux.

Thanks for making this new release and also thank you for the prompt response to my question.

I haven't looked at the code, but if on Linux
awtComponent com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.Component3DManager throws and exception at startup, could the SweetHome3D error/exit-dialog offer an option such as "Should SweetHome3d attempt a restart with the alternative useOffScreen3DView setting?".

If that's too complicated, would it be possible to add a suggestion or help-link to the exit-dialog.

I guess the Linux tar could ship with a third startup script like SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2, but called SweetHome3D-useOffScreen3DView. Or maybe even a README in the install folder.

All in all, not a big issue, but addressing this issue might prevent some repeated forum posting here and elsewhere.
[Mar 3, 2021, 7:05:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

For your information, I released again Sweet Home 3D 6.5 source code and Windows installer because upgrading to Inno Setup 6 removed support for generated installer under Windows XP and Vista. Therefore, I built again an installer using Inno Setup 5.
As this update didn't modify any other feature of Sweet Home 3D application, I just replaced the existing files hosted at SourceForge.net and updated the V_6_5 tag in source code.

Could the SweetHome3D error/exit-dialog offer an option such as "Should SweetHome3d attempt a restart with the alternative useOffScreen3DView setting?"
I don't like that much this kind of attempt, because you're never sure if you detected the right error and how easy it's possible to launch an other process.

If that's too complicated, would it be possible to add a suggestion or help-link to the exit-dialog.
I had the same idea and it could also be useful for users under Windows which have problems with the 64 bit version of Sweet Home 3D. Pointing to the FAQ could be also a good idea.

I guess the Linux tar could ship with a third startup script like SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2, but called SweetHome3D-useOffScreen3DView
I keep this idea for a future version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 3, 2021, 3:39:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Are there any other good surprises like this that have not been announced in the history or blog post of version 6.5?
EnkoNyito
[Mar 14, 2021, 1:06:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

<technical answer>
Most of the properties that could be only retrieved from an instance of HomePieceOfFurniture or a subclass can now be modified too with their new setters (setModel, setPlanIcon, setInformation...). Of course, I also added some listeners in the plan and 3D view components to update them when a call to these methods is done, but there's no user interface to call them yet, even if I checked they correctly work. Some of these methods were added for modifications I had to make to EvidenceMarkerGenerator plug-in.
The easiest way to test them is probably with the JavaScript console in a browser running with a SweetHome3DJS example. For example, the following JavaScript instruction will replace the model of the piece selected in the plan by the model of the piece selected in the furniture catalog:
application.getHomes()[0].getSelectedItems()[0].setModel(
application.getHomeController(application.getHomes()[0]).
getFurnitureCatalogController().getSelectedFurniture()[0].getModel());
</technical answer>
[Mar 14, 2021, 5:41:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Parnell

Sweden

After installing 6.5, photo rendering (3D view>Create photo) just hangs after a few seconds. YafaRay (latest) works but the textures are totally off, for floors mostly.
[Mar 16, 2021, 12:22:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Does it work with the examples available from File > New from demo menu item?
What configuration do you have (see About dialog box)?
[Mar 16, 2021, 12:50:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Parnell

Sweden

Correction: The photo rendering (sort of) works! It just takes forever to start (and finish..)..In previous versions the standard renderer (3D view>Create photo) and the YafaRay have been equally fast for me. Typically my photos render in about 2 minutes. Now YafaRay takes 2 minutes to finish while the "old" method takes 2 minutes to start rendering and 20 minutes to finish.
Both methods however make a mess of the floors in the photos (when Virtual visitor view is used. Aerial view works). I'm not sure how I can explain this. Is there a way to supply screenshots in the post?
[Mar 16, 2021, 3:19:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
treehousenorris2

United States

Notarization, great! How do you install zulu for ARM on an intel development machine?
[Mar 16, 2021, 7:08:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

@Parnell If you want some help, please answer to the questions I asked you sad

@treehousenorris2 You can't run Zulu for ARM on an Intel Mac but nothing prevents you to download an archive to get its executable files, then build a universal Java application on an Intel Mac (see macosxBundle target in Sweet Home 3D Ant build)
[Mar 16, 2021, 8:39:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 62   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved