Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 62
Posts: 62   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 95381 times and has 61 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.5

Thanks Shyam for your feedback. If needed you may also grant more memory to Sweet Home 3D.

The version 6.5 Beta 4 for Windows (77.1 MB) is bundled with OpenJDK 11.0.10 which might be a wiser solution because OpenJDK 11 is a LTS (Long Time Support) release. A bug like the bug #8213535 which was fixed for the upcoming Java 16 was backported to Java 11 but not to Java 15.
This bug computed a wrong width for tooltips in HiDPI displays and truncated their texts or spreaded it on more lines, like in the following screenshots comparing a correct tooltip with a wrong one.

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 10, 2021, 1:41:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

Thanks Emmanuel for the tip. Will surely try it out.

A quick question If I may, 'florescent strip light', 'street light' or 'fan light' do not light up at all where as light bulbs do. I see on bulb's properties 'Light Power' option but not on most of the lights. Am I missing something?
[Feb 10, 2021, 3:37:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

There's no "fan light" in the free models. But maybe you mean this model, in which case, you're right, it has no associated light source, but it's not stored in the Lights category of its library either.
I tested again the other lights you cited and they have associated light sources in the their furniture libraries.
[Feb 10, 2021, 3:59:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

Thanks again Emmanuel. Initially I imported furniture one at a time before realising there was a furniture library (1.8). I then imported the library too. This resulted in duplicate items/same name items. I just checked and few have light source option and few don't. Hence forth I will check for the light source option before adding. Thanks for the heads up.
[Feb 10, 2021, 5:11:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

Hi Emmanuel, So far so good with beta4. A quick question again if I may regarding lights, I see them on even during day. I assumed time of the day option for photo or video is to control lights apart from the day/night effect. Am I wrong?
[Feb 11, 2021, 11:08:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Like in real life, time controls only the sun light nothing else.
[Feb 11, 2021, 8:49:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

Like in real life, time controls only the sun light nothing else.

Well said. smile

Wish just like we have the option of making them invisible, if only we could have 'off' option.....
[Feb 12, 2021, 5:08:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

You spoke about a bridge between Java 3D and OpenGL libraries. Will SH3D move towards full OpenGL implementation? I'd be interested in that someday to try out to see if 3D window performance increases in detailed levels. My (Nvidia) EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified would work better than with Java I'd think!
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Feb 12, 2021, 10:45:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Sometimes, since 6.5 beta, the pointer of the mouse jumped !
And for you ?
The jump is always two-three centimeters at right.

None jump with another soft...

biggrin
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Feb 15, 2021, 9:02:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
reddy.shyam

Sometimes, since 6.5 beta, the pointer of the mouse jumped !
And for you ?
The jump is always two-three centimeters at right.

None jump with another soft...

biggrin

I too noticed this. I have to click couple of mm outside to select an item. Because of this I started zooming the plan and clicking on enlarged objects with ease.
[Feb 17, 2021, 7:42:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 62   Pages: 7   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved