Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3834 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
bettyblus

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
About wall

Hi
need to create a upper wall like if I have a door what I can do to make it?
[Jan 28, 2021, 8:38:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: About wall

You could place a service hatch or a door frame to make a hole in a wall.
See also this tip for not rectangular holes.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 28, 2021, 1:44:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA
Re: About wall

I uploaded a 1/8" thin (3-sided) doorway frame that won't leave a white edge on the floor. I created it for a large wall opening between my kitchen and dining room using the Furniture Library Editor and SVG code. It can be resized. I also did the same thing to create the slightly arched opening between my living room and dining room. I choose 1/8" thin frame edge thickness to get a "frame-less" as possible for simple wall openings. [EDIT: I deleted my prior post and combined in with the following.] Use this instead. It's a SH3F furniture library with the correct "door" versions that cut a hole in a wall. I think the other files I posted were the original versions of the opening shapes as an OBJ export. I'll delete those from my Google Drive to avoid confusion. Download the whole file (not the individual contents) and import into SH3D. I'm new at creating custom models so sorry for the screw up. I need a better workflow process. ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mpoci-7JktEU...lvv3yXZl/view?usp=sharing
----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Jan 29, 2021, 1:11:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved