Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6825 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
landro

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Feat. Req: Editing position and measurements of rooms numerically

Hey

It would be very helpful it was possible to edit the position and measurements of rooms numerically in addition to resize them via mouse.
[Sep 18, 2009, 2:33:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

Re: Feat. Req: Editing position and measurements of rooms numerically

You could use this new plugin:
Advanced plan editing
[Sep 15, 2010, 12:29:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

True. But it does not seem to work for me ;-(

I've tried everything -- double-clicking, even copying to the plugins folder.

It "installs", opens Sweet Home, I get the message that plugin will be available from next time SH3D is opened. But, the next time, there's no item in the menu.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Like landro, I've been hoping for these features too.
[Sep 16, 2010, 10:55:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

I developed the plugin using Java 1.6 and SH3D 2.6, maybe you are using earlier versions?
You could start SH3D in console mode, to see any errors printed there.
[Sep 16, 2010, 1:03:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

Thanks for the reply.

I am using SH3D 2.6 (w. included Java) on Win XP. But it could be that my installation has somehow become corrupt - as I'm facing problems with other plugins too.

I'll reinstall and try again.
[Sep 16, 2010, 3:40:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

Well I reinstalled SH3D v2.6. But still with the same problems. Considering that others have got this working (on XP? Linux?), I really can't see why it is not work for me!!

How do I run it in console mode ;-( "java -jar SweetHome3d.jar" gives "Invalid or corrupt jarfile SweetHome3d.jar"

[SH3D 2.6 (with java installer) on Win XP Pro]
[Sep 16, 2010, 7:10:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The "java -jar" command can work only with the executable jar file available here.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 16, 2010, 10:43:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

Is "java -jar SweetHome3d-2.6.jar" the correct command? I searched in the user manual and the faq but could not find anything. I'm sure I'd seen the instructions somewhere !?!
[Sep 17, 2010, 3:24:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

The command is correct, but you need a normal JRE or JDK, as the one that comes with SH3D has no "java.exe", only a "javaw.exe" which will suppress the console output.

You could also use the following commands from the SH3D root directory to start your current installation (JAVA_HOME is the path to your normal JRE):

set path=%PATH%;%CD%\lib
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe -Xmx512m -cp "%JAVA_HOME%\lib\javaws.jar;lib\*" com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D

[Sep 17, 2010, 9:08:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

I do have Java 6 installed - probably with OpenOffice. I'm currently downloading the sh3d.jar posted by Puybaret -- but my downloading speed is slow, and I'm a bit busy with RL (real life) so it'll probably have to wait for some time.

Thanks for your help and patience :-)
[Sep 17, 2010, 12:12:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved