Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5326 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Separate 3D Models?

Some models (furniture) for download have more than one object, when you really want just one of them. Is it possible to edit and separate those DAE files containing multiple 3D models to make them into single item models?

Another model question with OBJ exports. After importing into SH3D can you move them into ZIP files afterwards, or delete the OBJ and MTL files, without busting anything in your home design or furniture libraries? Same goes for textures too. Just trying to think of a proper workflow when dealing with these files.
----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Jan 24, 2021, 4:05:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Separate 3D Models?

You could use Modify Furniture -> Materials and make parts of the model invisible.
A better way would be to download the model as SKP file and edit it in Sketchup.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 24, 2021, 7:55:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

I think to modify in Sketchup you need a paid subscription plan. I saw that when trying to see if I could import a DAE model with texture issues into Sketchup to fix it but it wouldn't let me under my free account.

As far as using the modify properties in SH3D for example, I tried to edit materials for a Corsair M65 Gaming Mouse because the model had 2 mice side by side and wanted to make one invisible that I didn't want to use. Both mice shared common material parts so that was no good. Oh well sometimes you have to compromise and find a model "close" to what you want to represent.
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Jan 24, 2021, 8:05:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you search, you may be able to install Sketchup 2016 which (I think) was the last free version.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 24, 2021, 12:49:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SeppoV12

Finland

Page https://help.sketchup.com/en/downloading-older-versions show list of older SketchUp versions. Make 2017 for Windows and Mac available.
No login needed when I just downloaded file sketchupmake-2017-2-2555-90782-en-x64.exe.

Seppo
[Jan 27, 2021, 4:02:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved