Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 21
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12516 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: 3D Ceiling Fan (Lighting)

The lighting now looks very natural. Has rendering time significantly increased?

Here's another shot pulled back more into the dining room. The render time isn't bad at 1024x768 (reduced to 800x600 here) maybe a minute or two. I have a decent gaming class PC that I built in 2016, specs here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/96JV3C

I'm still playing with the lighting in the dining room there since the "chandelier" style model isn't a real working light. I have low intensity lights above the 5 lamps and 5 outer fill lights around it to generate wider overall light coverage. It's hard finding any model close to what's in my house sometimes. We have an ugly main ceiling lamp LOL. This one is prettier. That pendant peninsula light (SH3D stock) is close to what we're getting. But I may be able to model this as OBJ inside SH3D. It's an Oron 3-Light Brushed Steel Island Light with White Glass Shades by Hampton Bay.

----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Jan 25, 2021, 6:40:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved