Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10147 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Quondman

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Kitchen units / cabinets

Hi All,
I am new to SH3D and want to design my new kitchen. However, like others on this forum, I cant find a library with a comprehensive range of kitchen units. There are some excellent examples of what can be done in SH3D on this forum but these must have used bespoke models.
I could design my own 3D models but my laptop graphics does not support the likes of Blender which is too sophisticated just for kitchen cabinets. Is there a simpler alternative program which outputs in the correct file format ?
Thanks
[Dec 11, 2020, 4:49:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Kitchen units / cabinets

You could try to design your cabinets with Art of Illusion, it's easier to learn even if I now prefer using Blender to edit 3D model files.
Note also that the version 1.8 of the Blend Swap CC-0 furniture library published today comes with new cabinets designed by Vladoffsky and improved by myself to let users create many different combinations by changing materials or making some parts invisible.

With a little patience, I was able to draw my actual kitchen with these new items (only handles are quite different but I could have tried to change them too)!

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 19, 2020, 7:04:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

very nice kitchen!!
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 20, 2020, 11:25:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Domino1009

nice kitchen! I used the same items. they look very good. I would like to ask you about texture. How can I use two different textures on the same wall? THANK YOU!
[Jan 30, 2021, 5:01:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can use some high baseboards, or you can also place thin boxes with the texture you want along walls.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 30, 2021, 8:21:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Your kitchen looks nice!

I found some doable shaker style cabinets on 3D Warehouse that I'm temporarily using to match our upcoming kitchen remodel. They are from 2 different 3D model makers so while nice they aren't a consistent set of the cabinets that we will have installed, because one set has thicker cabinet doors than the other. It's not that noticeable in renders although I know they don't match. So in March after they are installed I plan on making my own models since some cabinets have different drawer arrangements than ours will have plus I'll make custom knobs and handles to match what my wife picked out. You can do a lot with SH3D. I think the ability to make your own custom 3D models of actual furniture in your home is underrated. This past weekend I made 2 retro (1957) dining room cabinets that we have and I'm quite pleased on the realism you can do in the program. I'm glad that I took the leap doing that because my staircase that I will create next will be better than I originally was going to settle on using. I also customized other house details like adding window frames for a more realistic look than the library windows can give on their own. The possibilities are endless and one has to keep from becoming obsessed with a virtual dollhouse for adults as my wife calls it. ;)
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Feb 1, 2021, 7:26:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved