Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3824 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
jenseo

Sverige
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Automate light rendering or save settings with point of view?

Hi there,
I’m fairly new to Sweet Home 3D but have successfully been able to create a really sweet 3D render for Home Assistant, where I intend to stack images on top of each other, bottom one with all lights off and then one image per light above this, with transparency set that only let the lit parts through.

Works really well, but...

When I need to change something in the house, I need to rerender all images again. This is of course doable, but I need to do around 30 renders and I’ve also found point of view to be a bit shaky (or maybe I’m just handling it wrong)

What I’m wondering is:

1. Can I automate to render one image for each light in my home, where only that particular light is on with a brightness I’ve decided? In the next l render, another light is on and the previous off

2. Since it’s very important for me that every image has the exact same proportions, rotation, zoom etc, I would like to know the best way to really lock it down to the pixel? It’s very easy to mistakenly rotate the image (from bird view perspective) just so slightly and sometimes it seems point of view isn’t restoring that correctly. It also seems very important that the window containing the 3D render is exactly the same size, so someone as clumsy as myself can easily break things.

3 For me, it would make more sense to be able to set the point of view to the actual object (house), rather than the house + background. Doable?

Hope someone can give me some advice. And hey... what an AMAZING software 😍
[Nov 11, 2020, 5:41:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Re: Automate light rendering or save settings with point of view?

Hello jenseo,
I am not sure to understand what you need but:
-There is a way to store point of view in 3D view menu. But I suppose you know it.
-But, maybe in this blog article, you will find some other communities which have faced these problems.
[Nov 12, 2020, 8:26:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Hi there,
I’m fairly new to Sweet Home 3D but have successfully been able to create a really sweet 3D render for Home Assistant, where I intend to stack images on top of each other, bottom one with all lights off and then one image per light above this, with transparency set that only let the lit parts through.

Works really well, but...

When I need to change something in the house, I need to rerender all images again. This is of course doable, but I need to do around 30 renders and I’ve also found point of view to be a bit shaky (or maybe I’m just handling it wrong)

What I’m wondering is:

1. Can I automate to render one image for each light in my home, where only that particular light is on with a brightness I’ve decided? In the next l render, another light is on and the previous off

2. Since it’s very important for me that every image has the exact same proportions, rotation, zoom etc, I would like to know the best way to really lock it down to the pixel? It’s very easy to mistakenly rotate the image (from bird view perspective) just so slightly and sometimes it seems point of view isn’t restoring that correctly. It also seems very important that the window containing the 3D render is exactly the same size, so someone as clumsy as myself can easily break things.

3 For me, it would make more sense to be able to set the point of view to the actual object (house), rather than the house + background. Doable?

Hope someone can give me some advice. And hey... what an AMAZING software 😍

Hi jenseo,

For your images, you can apply proportions other than the 3D view and change the number of pixels in width.

To make the aerial view more stable, it is possible to copy the parameters of the camera into that of the virtual visitor, being careful not to display the ceilings.

For your lights, a plug-in could render from the same point of view for each of their states (all lights on, all lights off, light #1 on only, etc.).

Enko
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Nov 15, 2020, 11:44:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

For your lights, a plug-in could render from the same point of view for each of their states (all lights on, all lights off, light #1 on only, etc.).

This plug-in was created to meet the demand with the above proposal.
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Nov 28, 2020, 2:26:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved