Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3872 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
sumpfsuppe

Deutschland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Material texture appears tiny on imported .obj model

Hi all,

I've modelled the roof of my future house and exported the model as Wavefront/OBJ (using Creo and Keyshot). In order to apply individually aligned roof tile textures, each surface has a different material:

So far, so good. Next I'd like to import my roof tiles, using this image. This is how the import wizard looks like:

Next, I apply the imported texture:

But then things get weird. The texture is applied, but the single roof tiles look super tiny:

There is also a full screenshot, I've added a bed for scale. wink At the first glance the surface looks plain gray. You may need to zoom in a bit to see that the texture is actually applied, but just too small.

I have already fiddled around with the settings, but it seems that the size defined during texture import has no impact on the visual result. I also tried the scale setting, but I wasn't able to get a reasonable result even with a factor of 10^5%.

Can anyone reproduce this and/or know how to solve this issue? You may use my 3D model (obj/mat): https://nx7423.your-storageshare.de/s/8miXndTBanMfi5N

I am using the Java Web Start version of Sweet Home 3D 6.4.2 running under Windows 10. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
[Nov 3, 2020, 10:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SeppoV12

Finland
Re: Material texture appears tiny on imported .obj model

I imported your obj/mat model to SketcUp and noticed that longest side of roof was 1172 meter long. This don't explain everything but might be good starting point.
Seppo
[Nov 3, 2020, 11:35:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gregoryx

Re: Material texture appears tiny on imported .obj model

You may get better feedback, but... I just used your file to modify a roof. I changed the texture with importing your linked .jpg and I sized it to 2' to 3' range and it seemed about right. Are you not sizing it as you import?

Alternatively, you could probably fix it as you have it by making the Scale 500 or something like that.
[Nov 3, 2020, 11:50:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved