Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4456 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
dbenyakar

Israel
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Im stuck with my kitchen design

Hi

I am looking for built-in cabinet for my kitchen and I searched so many but I cannot find one.
A tall cabinet that has an oven built in.
Any ideas?
[Oct 31, 2020, 5:09:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: Im stuck with my kitchen design

DIY! Take a cabinet, put the oven on top, make a frame for the oven (with boxes), take the same or another cabinet and put it on top of the oven, adjust the height of this cabinet and you have what you're looking for. And for easyer handling of this cabinet with oven you can group all the used parts. Or even export all the used parts and reimport as one new furniture.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 31, 2020, 10:46:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
manmad

België

PM me if you want the 3D files of my kitchen, it has a double tall cabinet with 2 ovens in it. So not exactly as you want but you can try to work with it. I made it in sketchup

[Nov 2, 2020, 5:32:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dbenyakar

Israel

DIY! make a frame for the oven (with boxes)

I understood the explanation except for the part above.
How do I do that?
[Nov 3, 2020, 6:41:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

The easyest way is to do this in a new and empty file. Place your lower cabinet, put your oven on top of it and create the frame if you need it.
And on top of the oven you can put e.g. a upper cabinet and adjust its height so it fits between the oven and the ceiling.
For easiest positioning set x and y coordinates for every part to "0" (the oven can be an exeption).
Pascal

[Nov 3, 2020, 9:29:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gregoryx

Just finished a kitchen remodel (in SH3D - actual work beginning in a week or so). One layout included a built-in oven that didn't match any of the included since it was only 20" tall. Similar issue with an under-counter wine-fridge.

The shorter oven didn't make the final cut, but the 3D renderings using a simple photo of the wine-fridge as a flat front to a box aren't terrible. It's not as clean and perfect as the real 3D stuff, but it's not too bad for the renderings.
[Nov 3, 2020, 10:14:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dbenyakar

Israel

The easyest way is to do this in a new and empty file. Place your lower cabinet, put your oven on top of it and create the frame if you need it.
And on top of the oven you can put e.g. a upper cabinet and adjust its height so it fits between the oven and the ceiling.
For easiest positioning set x and y coordinates for every part to "0" (the oven can be an exeption).

How do I create a frame around the oven?
[Nov 4, 2020, 3:47:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I use the 1000mm x 1000mm x 1000mm boxes (I normally need 5 of them - one for the bottom, two for the sides, one for the top and one for the back side) and adjust them to the dimensions I need.
Pascal

[Nov 4, 2020, 5:24:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dbenyakar

Israel

If I group an oven with the box I create, can I export it and use in my furniture library for later use?
[Nov 5, 2020, 5:02:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved