Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9456 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Tjswish

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
My affordable dream house

Bought a block of land and need to convince the Mrs that what I want is what she wants haha.

Anything you guys would change or update. She thinks the backyard is too small, even though it's like 10m x 12m and only looks small cause the block is like 880m2.

Plus I don't want to be mowing lawns for hours each week.
[Oct 15, 2020, 3:22:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: My affordable dream house

In my opinion your ensuite bathroom is way to narrow! But your car fleet is impressive!
Your backyard is right as it is. If you make it living with some plants it will be a very cosy place for your family!
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 15, 2020, 4:55:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

I think that the main room has not enough windows. cool
It's a big and deep room without light... wink

Did you think about the roof windows ?
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Oct 15, 2020, 7:28:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tjswish

Australia

Car fleet was more to display visitor parking. We are moving 4h away from family and people plan to visit (touristy destination)
[Oct 15, 2020, 9:50:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

I feel your plan is clever like that but, it depends on the Region you live (sunny or not), I have the feeling that the Porch and Backyard are "far" from the living rooms. The house seems not very open to the exteriors. You see what I mean?
[Oct 16, 2020, 9:59:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I agree with Pascal.
Your porch can loose a few square meters, and you can move part of the bathroom wall into the porch and get a much nicer and spacier bathroom without loosing anything essential.
[Oct 25, 2020, 11:38:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MrMoon

USA

Hi!

I'm in the same process myself, although I'm still searching for the perfect piece of land.

I built my house using information based on drafting websites, to figure out what size each room is supposed to be. Started making rooms separately, and join them together as a puzzle. It will help you visualize the flow of traffic inside the house.

Also, measure furniture based on real furniture sold in your area, or furniture you already own, to help visualize scale.

Same with doors an windows. If you're building the home yourself, measure doors and windows based on what's available to you.
[Nov 24, 2020, 4:20:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Different take on the same problem :-)

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 25, 2020, 10:36:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved