Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7882 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Paqueuc

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Can't launch Sweet Home anymore

Hi,

Windows 10, 6.3 64 bit version. Then upgraded to 6.4.2, 32 and 64 bit version

I can't launch Sweet Home any more. It used to work fine, until I installed Java 8 for another tool.

After installing Java 8, Sweet home wouldn't launch at all (no splash screen, nothing). I uninstalled it, reinstalled. Same thing. I found that I had to use the "Java web start". I did. I managed to launch it but immediately got the "Direct X fatal error". I updated the direct X drivers which were already up to date. I unistalled Sweet Home and reinstalled it. Not able to launch it anymore with both 1/ normal shortcut and 2/ Java web start.
I thought this was coming from Java. I unistalled Java and sweet home. I reinstalled both. Same thing. I downgraded Java to version 6.45. Same thing.
I even tried with the 32 bit Sweet Home version in 6.3 and 6.42. Same thing.
I cleaned the registry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\com\eteks\sweethome3d". Same thing.
I even changed the install directory.

After each install / uninstall, I always restarted my computer.

So is it the end of the game for me ?

Seems like another registry key prevent me from a complete clean unistallation as nothing seems to fix the bug. And the more I try, the less I get results. It's been a few install / uninstall that I did see the splash screen for the last time (even with java web start).

Anyone could have an idea ?

Thanks,
[Sep 10, 2020, 3:09:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FransW

France
Re: Can't launch Sweet Home anymore

Exactly same problem here. Since update to 6.4.2
I still see the splash screen.
Even portable 6.4.2 doesnt work
PLEASE
[Nov 9, 2020, 5:47:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FransW

France

I even stole the jre from a other comuter on wich 6.4.2 works well, copied it in this version, I know its wrong, same, nothing works
[Nov 9, 2020, 5:50:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Could you check if your issue is similar to the bug #967?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 10, 2020, 8:23:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Paqueuc

applause Re: Can't launch Sweet Home anymore

Yes ! This is it. It works fine again !

Many great thanks.
[Nov 10, 2020, 6:43:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved