Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6878 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
ninja592

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problems with categories in BlendSwap-CC-0 furniture library

Hello,

I have been using SH3D and reading the forum for a while now, but this is my first post. First of all, thank you Puybaret for this amazing software!

I have recently installed the newest version of SH3D (6.4.2) and all the furniture libraries (1.7.1). I'm using FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.25 to modify the libraries from http://www.sweethome3d.com/freeModels.jsp#BlendSwapModels, which works fine with all of them except for BlendSwap-CC-0.sh3f I have changed a few categories (I'm using an "Electronics" category for "Apple iPhone" for example), but when I import my modified version of the library, it always shows the default categories ("Miscellaneous" for the "Apple iPhone") and renaming an item is not possible either. Is there another solution for this except for downloading all of these models 1-by-1?

I'm using Windows 10 but I could reproduce the problem on Windows 7 with older versions of SH3D & furniture libraries as well.

Thanks!
[Aug 23, 2020, 12:46:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US
Re: Problems with categories in BlendSwap-CC-0 furniture library

There is a default set of furniture that SH3D uses. If you want to customize those categories, see if this helps.
[Aug 23, 2020, 9:34:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If the changes you made to the furniture library don’t appear, it could be because of the following reasons:
- you edited the SH3F file used by Sweet Home 3D and didn’t restart Sweet Home 3D after the modification
- you edited the SH3F file under another file name, that was read after the original file in Sweet Home 3D at import time or launch time. As the pieces of furniture in the libraries available for download have an id, the ones of your library with the same id will be ignored. In this case, you should remove the original library.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 23, 2020, 10:05:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ninja592

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried to import the file again, but the furniture is still put into the wrong categories. I made sure that there is no version of the SH3F file in %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\furniture and that SH3D was closed before I imported it again.

My modifications work fine on all other libraries listed on the downloads page, except for the 3DModels-BlendSwap-CC-0-1.7.1.zip file.

Any other ideas? Thanks.
[Aug 24, 2020, 8:23:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

Take Blendswap out of the folder and open SH3D again. Is it still showing up?

Then take all the others except Blendswap out, and open SH3D again. What's happening?
[Aug 29, 2020, 4:14:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ninja592

Thanks harbinger, I have tried your suggestions but I still have the same problem. If I remove the file, the models are not visible in SH3D anymore, but if I add the file again, the models still show up in the wrong categories, even if I delete all the others.

I believe that the 3DModels-BlendSwap-CC-0-1.7.1 file itself might be corrupted, but I get the same results if I download it again & make my modifications or try on another computer.
[Aug 29, 2020, 5:54:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Forestsun

This method will work correctly?
[Sep 4, 2020, 9:39:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

Okay I checked to see that my BlendSwap categories were showing up correctly, and I verified that they are. I am using FLE 1.25 in Windows 7 and SH3D 6.0 Beta 14. FLE opens with Java 1.8.0_181 and Java 3D 1.6.1.
My FLE settings is for the Default Language (English), using a total of 35 categories.

Hopefully this will help Emmanuel narrow the problem down...

Other suggestions for ninja592:
Make sure there are no unusual characters in either the item names or the category names.
Do a search on your system for all BlendSwap furniture files. All except the eteks\sweet home 3d\furniture file should be put into the trash.
Make one category change in the ORIGINAL BlendSwap file (put your modified file in the trash for now), save under a different file name, and check in SH3D. Is the single change reflected?

Let's see where we are now...
[Sep 4, 2020, 8:08:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ninja592

Thanks for your suggestions harbinger, I didn't think of checking for special characters.

When you mentioned you see the categories correctly, did you modify any of them?

Here's what I did:
- removed all furniture files
- with FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.25.jar, opened the original BlendSwap-CC-0.sh3f that I downloaded from the SH3D website
- deleted everything except for "Chicken"
- changed the category of "Chicken" from "Characters" to "Animals"
- saved the file under a different name
- imported the file
- the chicken was in the wrong category, it showed up in "Characters" when it should have been in "Animals"
- as test I removed it again and tried with another item: changed "Apple iPhone" from category "Miscellaneous" to "iPhone" and category "Electronics", but when I imported it, neither the name change nor category change was applied - so it doesn't seem that there are individual items that are corrupted (unless I was unlucky and picked exactly the 2 broken ones ;-)

I should probably mention as well that I'm using Windows & SH3D in English and I double-checked that I wasn't using any special characters for item & category names.

As a comparison, when I change the category of the animals in the BlendSwap-CC-BY.sh3f library, they work fine and all the animals are imported into the "Animals" category correctly.

Thanks!
[Sep 5, 2020, 8:30:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

Okay. I didn't realize there were 2 different BlendSwap files — I had the BY-CC, so I downloaded the the CC-0.

Upon opening both pluginFurniturecatalog.properties files, I noticed that the CC-0 was an older file (copyright 2016 but perhaps last modified in July 2019), whereas my BY-CC was created August 2020 by FLE. There's quite a difference in the file headers.

However in both files there is a corresponding category #x for each furniture entry, which FLE should change once you save the file after editing.

So what I need for you to do now is open the MODIFIED CC - 0 properties file and tell me what you see at the top of that text file.
Also, did you extract either SH3F folders from the zip archive into the furniture folder?
[Sep 8, 2020, 7:53:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved