Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6066 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
DonH

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Can not install from CD or web

I have been through so many steps and trials and restarts I can't remember details anymore. installed SH3D from the CD without a problem. I then went to the web site to update it. When I tried, instead of updating it v.6.4 was installed stand alone (so, why was I instructed to install from the CD?). I couldn't open the more recent version anyway. I went back to 6.2 and created a practice file, saved it, shut the computer down and had lunch. When I restarted the computer, everything related to SH3D was gone -- application and saved file -- except for a folder with furniture and a file that would not open. I can't reinstall from the CD. I downloaded v. 6.4 from the web several times using different servers. The error message says the file can't be checked for malicious content and needs to be updated. Including watching tutorials, I have wasted an entire Saturday. In the short time I was able to use it, the program worked well and is easy to learn. So, what can I try? I'm using a MacBook Air v. 10.15.6. Thanks. Don
[Aug 23, 2020, 12:15:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Can not install from CD or web

I don’t know about this CD version but see this ticket about installing Sweet Home 3D 6.4 under Catalina.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 23, 2020, 12:43:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DonH

USA
Re: Can not install from CD or web

Emmanuel Puybaret, Thank you. The solution you referenced worked smoothly. Don
[Aug 23, 2020, 9:00:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved