Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3748 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
prazzoo

Sri Lanka
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Overcast lighting?

I am trying to render a house I modeled. The problem I am having is that, regardless of the time I set when rendering, the sunlight is too harsh at it completely changes the colors I have selected for walls. I cannot represent the true colors I select in rendering.

I am using a Beige color as the main wall color and a darker shade of Gray as the accent color. If it's a midday rendering (example 11am or 12 pm) the colors get totally washed out. The gray is not at all the darker color I selected (Even in the shadows) and the Beige looks almost white. If its a early or late time (7am or 5pm) everything turns yellow.

What can I do here? Any way i can simulate an overcast lighting condition in SH3D?
[Aug 13, 2020, 8:03:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Re: Overcast lighting?

Install the Simple photo rendering plugin if you don't have it already.
Select a cloudy sky for your sky texture.
Open the Simple photo rendering plugin and select Enable sky lighting
Set time to midnight ( moon symbol)

When you render you will get a nice overcast light and more normal colors.

Xiste
[Aug 13, 2020, 3:12:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
prazzoo

Sri Lanka

Thanks for replying Xiste.

I installed the Simple Photo rendering plugin as you advised and tried to do exactly what you said. But I don't see an option called "Enable sky lighting" anywhere. I only see an option called "Enhance External Brightness" which also gives similar results to Yafarey and default photo rendering.
[Aug 14, 2020, 8:49:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I only see an option called "Enhance External Brightness" which also gives similar results to Yafarey and default photo rendering.

Enable sky lighting and Enhance External Brightness will both use the sky as IBL. Why there are two different names for this I don't know.

Did you set the time to midnight?

Xiste
[Aug 14, 2020, 2:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Enable sky lighting and Enhance External Brightness will both use the sky as IBL. Why there are two different names for this I don't know.

Since version 1.9 of the PhotoVideoRendering plug-in, Enable sky lighting is used to correspond to the options offered by the YafaRay rendering engine.
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Aug 15, 2020, 5:42:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved