Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19501 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
xmastree

Philippines
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
linux issues.

Hi all, hoping someone can help here.
I had computer issues. I ended up installing linux and all's well.
However, when I installed SH3D, I noticed a slight difference in the way it behaves compared to the Windows version.

Compare these two images:

The first one was from when I was running Windows, the second one is the current view.
Is this just how things are in linux, or am I missing something?

The 3D view is fine:

[Aug 10, 2020, 3:15:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: linux issues.

Select the Top view option in preferences pane.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 11, 2020, 4:51:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xmastree

Philippines

Thanks for your reply. I found the relevant section in the preferences, but it's greyed out.
https://imgur.com/i3ODoHR.png
[Aug 13, 2020, 11:47:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Have you installed the latest video driver? If so, try installing another video driver. Have you installed the open source driver - try it with the proprietary one. Or vice versa.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 13, 2020, 5:40:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xmastree

Philippines

I'm just using whatever driver came with the distro. It's Mint 19.3 and Intel video, not sure there are any other drivers available.
[Aug 17, 2020, 2:06:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Try the other script SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 provided with Sweet Home 3D installer.
[Aug 17, 2020, 2:59:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xmastree

Philippines

Other script? I don't see one. I installed it from the repo, using the software manager.
https://imgur.com/CWBU6LA.png
The version on the website seems much bnewer, I'll try that instead.
[Aug 18, 2020, 1:54:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xmastree

Philippines

Well, we appear to have a solution. I downloaded the latest version, 6.4.2, ran it using the other script, found the top view no longer greyed out and bingo!
https://imgur.com/CWBU6LA.png
Some textures missing, but that should be an easy fix.
Incidentally, just running ./SweethHome3D rather than ./SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 also seems to work correctly.
[Aug 18, 2020, 2:19:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GerHas

I think I found the solution for the "greyed-out top" view icon problem.
/usr/share/sweethome3d/sweethome3d.sh script contains, upon install via repository, the java option:

-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.checkOffScreenSupport=false

set it to true and top view icons behaves normally again.

Please let me know if I need report this to ubuntu launchpad or that this is the right channel
[Jan 15, 2021, 1:35:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.checkOffScreenSupport is equal to true by default. Why did they decide to set it to false?!?
Setting it to false is reserved for exceptional cases, like explained in the FAQ Sweet Home 3D crashes when I want to edit preferences, print, create a photo or create a video. What can I do?
Setting it to true will remove some errors for a few users, but all the other users won't have top view icons or won't be able to the 3D view and generate photos at the two first quality levels (even if that could be replaced by screenshots if needed).
[Jan 15, 2021, 4:55:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved