Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1692 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
xmastree

Philippines
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
linux issues.

Hi all, hoping someone can help here.
I had computer issues. I ended up installing linux and all's well.
However, when I installed SH3D, I noticed a slight difference in the way it behaves compared to the Windows version.

Compare these two images:

The first one was from when I was running Windows, the second one is the current view.
Is this just how things are in linux, or am I missing something?

The 3D view is fine:

[Aug 10, 2020, 3:15:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: linux issues.

Select the Top view option in preferences pane.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 11, 2020, 4:51:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xmastree

Philippines

Thanks for your reply. I found the relevant section in the preferences, but it's greyed out.
https://imgur.com/i3ODoHR.png
[Aug 13, 2020, 11:47:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Have you installed the latest video driver? If so, try installing another video driver. Have you installed the open source driver - try it with the proprietary one. Or vice versa.
Pascal

SH3D 6.3 / Ubuntu 20.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 1800x
[Aug 13, 2020, 5:40:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xmastree

Philippines

I'm just using whatever driver came with the distro. It's Mint 19.3 and Intel video, not sure there are any other drivers available.
[Aug 17, 2020, 2:06:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Try the other script SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 provided with Sweet Home 3D installer.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 17, 2020, 2:59:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xmastree

Philippines

Other script? I don't see one. I installed it from the repo, using the software manager.
https://imgur.com/CWBU6LA.png
The version on the website seems much bnewer, I'll try that instead.
[Aug 18, 2020, 1:54:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
xmastree

Philippines

Well, we appear to have a solution. I downloaded the latest version, 6.4.2, ran it using the other script, found the top view no longer greyed out and bingo!
https://imgur.com/CWBU6LA.png
Some textures missing, but that should be an easy fix.
Incidentally, just running ./SweethHome3D rather than ./SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 also seems to work correctly.
[Aug 18, 2020, 2:19:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2020 eTeks - All rights reserved