Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 1
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3412 times and has 0 replies Next Thread
harbinger

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Here are a few translucent textures

Submitted for your approval, here are some textures that have their transparency value reduced so that they can be used as textures or materials for lampshades, drapes, etc.

I was having problems showing see-through light on lampshades and discovered in another thread here that you can apply partially transparent PNG textures. I found that the best transparency or Alpha value is between 80 and 95%. However the light source still shows through instead of spreading diffusely through the material. For that I will probably need to experiment with the values in the MTL file for the object.

But these textures will still look nice and can show what kind of texture manipulation you can use in Sweet Home. A few of them will look great on sconces, and others will look great on partition screens.

If these inspire you to create some of your own, feel free to share them here.
[Aug 3, 2020, 10:18:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved