Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6790 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
wyv3rn

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SH3D app will not open on Win 10

I just bought the SH3D app from the microsoft app store and installed it under Win 10. It seems to have installed OK, but it will not open. I have tried rebooting my machine, but there is no change.

I am running Win 10 Home version 1909 (build 18363.959).

Not sure what options I have now, other than cancelling my purchase. I will leave it a few days though to see if anybody has a solution.
[Aug 1, 2020, 4:59:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: SH3D app will not open on Win 10

First, open the link ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9NBLGGH2SMTQ to display Sweet Home 3D page in Microsoft Store application. Then connect yourself by clicking on the Profile icon at top right.
If you didn't install Sweet Home 3D yet, an Install button should appear in the Microsoft Store application whereas a Launch button should appear and clicking on it will run the program.
What does appear in your case? If the Launch button appears, what happens when you click on it?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Aug 7, 2020, 6:09:42 PM]
[Aug 2, 2020, 10:05:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wyv3rn

United States

Thanks for the reply. This is frustrating that I can't get SH3D to launch. I had great success a few years ago with an earlier version, and a different laptop, but now I get nothing!

The link you provided did not work. It returned an error msg saying the server can't be reached. However I went to the Microsoft Store, which I think is what you wanted me to do and selected the sh3D icon from there, it told me that sh3d is already installed and gave me a launch button, just like you said.

But if I click the launch button, nothing happens, and I mean nothing! Exactly the same result as if I try to launch the app directly from my home screen.
[Aug 6, 2020, 3:51:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry for the link, I updated my post to let you copy/paste it because it's special link to the Microsoft Store.
Can you open an Explorer window, go to the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\eTeks.SweetHome3D_6.4.1.0_x64__y7v7etvrysvmm\Sweet Home 3D and check if SweetHome3D.exe file is there?
[Aug 7, 2020, 6:23:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Please check also if there's a Java process in the Windows tasks list and kill it if it's the case.
[Aug 8, 2020, 10:48:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wyv3rn

United States

Yes SweetHome3D.exe exists in the WindowsApps folder, just where you said it would be. No there is no Java process running.
I also downloaded SweetHome3D-6.4.2-windows.exe from SourceForge and installed it. It does not run either.
Both give me the same result, i.e. nothing. No error msgs or anything.
[Aug 9, 2020, 12:30:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If this happens with the free version too, you could try to run it from the command line to get some information about the error, following these instructions:
- type Windows + R keys, type cmd and <enter>
- drag and drop SweetHome3D.exe from an Explorer window (probably found in C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D or C:\Program Files (x86)\Sweet Home 3D folder) in the cmd window you opened in previous step
- type a space then 2>log.txt in cmd window to obtain a command like:
"C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\SweetHome3D.exe" 2>log.txt
- type <enter>

The program will fail but this time it will create a log.txt file in your home folder that could contain some useful information to understand your issue. Please copy paste its content here.
[Aug 10, 2020, 8:26:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wyv3rn

United States

Here's the log.txt file:
'SweetHome3D.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[Aug 10, 2020, 5:02:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wyv3rn

United States

My previous attempt at running the command line execute failed due to omitting the quotes from the command. I re-ran it today, again the program launch was unsuccessful, but I did get a more meaningful log.txt file:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no JavaAccessBridge-64 in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridgeLoader$1.run(AccessBridgeLoader.java:38)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.java.accessibility.AccessBridgeLoader.<clinit>(AccessBridgeLoader.java:35)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit.loadAssistiveTechnologies(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.SwingTools.showSplashScreenWindow(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D.init(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D.main(Unknown Source)
[Aug 11, 2020, 10:47:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved