Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2648 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
nhousley

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
SH3D constantly freezing/crashing on Macbook after 20-30 minutes

I am running the paid version of SH3D from the App Store. I have a Macbook Air and a Macbook Pro, but with Catalina version 10.15.5. Both computers are running great with no issues with any other high-demanding apps.

I am enjoying SH3D, but I cannot find a way to stop the program from crashing after 20-30 minutes of use. I don't think it is an overheating issue, but I'm wondering if there are compatability issues with MacOS causing the program to run poorly? Has anyone else experienced similar problems or have any ideas on how to make it work better?
[Jul 19, 2020, 7:49:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: SH3D constantly freezing/crashing on Macbook after 20-30 minutes

Does it happen on both computers?
Could you try with some examples of the gallery?
How big is the SH3D file you edit?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 27, 2020, 11:03:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alf1203

United States

Same thing is happennig to me, except it does't happen after 20-30 minutes. My MacBook Air (Catalina 10.15.6, two 4 gigs in the memory slots). Could it be the furniture that I download and use on this app? In my Activty Montor it usually shows that the memory it runs is over 4gigs. I cannot figure out what is happening!
[Aug 28, 2020, 10:06:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

SH3D is eating memory.
When it has used about ninetyfive percent of your available memory, it will freeze or crash.
My trick is to have the Activity Monitor running, and watching my memory usage.
When I'm about to run out of memory, I save and quit.
After I restart SH3D, my memory usage is back to normal for a while.
The more memory you have, the longer the intervals.

Cecilia
[Aug 28, 2020, 10:50:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alf1203

United States

thank you, i appreciate the help.
[Sep 4, 2020, 7:08:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved