Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6625 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
mikewu99

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Can't get 32-bit version from Microsoft App Store

After playing around with free versions for a while, I decided to buy the paid version from the Microsoft App Store to get all the extras (and to support development). The app installed correctly, but now it won't start - I get the dreaded "Sweet Home 3D will exit now because of a fatal error in the 3D rendering system...". I got this with the free versions and got around it by installing the 32 bit version on my 64 bit system. I can't figure out how to force the App Store to install a 32-bit version.

How do I fix this?
[Jul 11, 2020, 1:54:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Can't get 32-bit version from Microsoft App Store

Microsoft doesn't allow to install the 32 bit version of Sweet Home 3D on a 64 bit system. Maybe I should try to modify the Microsoft Store installer to let it install the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Sweet Home 3D on a 64 bit system, but then it wouldn't be easy to switch between versions.
You can retrieve the furniture and textures libraries of the Microsoft Store version in the folders
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\eTeks.SweetHome3D_6.3.1.0_x64__y7v7etvrysvmm\Sweet Home 3D\resources\furniture
and C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\eTeks.SweetHome3D_6.3.1.0_x64__y7v7etvrysvmm\Sweet Home 3D\resources\textures and use them in the free version if you want (just make a copy of SH3F and SH3T files found in these folders, uninstall the Microsoft Store version, install the free version and double-click on the SH3F and SH3T files to install them).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 11, 2020, 12:40:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JeffA

I am having a rendering problem mentioned in another forum, and want to install the 32 bit version of Sweet Home 3D to see if that solves the problem (I paid for the software thinking that I should support the developers, and ended up with these issues as a result - I am reminded that no good deed goes unpunished wink). I cannot gain access to the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder (it is owned by the TrustedInstaller, and I would rather not play with the Windows 10 folder security settings). Is there someplace else where I can download those SH3F and SH3T files?
[Aug 30, 2021, 10:55:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can get the SH3F and SH3T libraries in the ZIP files available here and there.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 31, 2021, 2:30:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved