Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 21
Posts: 21   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 33955 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: A home that I started about 10 months ago

One of these plans I returned to recently, after a long bout sewing... Plan 25-4524.

I wanted to see if I could make it look less contemporary, hopefully not too traditional, maybe with a few unique qualities... although I don't think that I quite achieved my goal... Anyways, I'm not thrilled with it in this state, I might figure out someway to get it better, but here it is:

HP 4524-A2a

I actually started from scratch, to make sure that I kept the house at the 30-foot by 30-foot size as the original plan, but made several personal adjustments. And, I also flipped it, so what had been the front of house is now the back, and vice versa.

The front of the house, both Aerial and Virtual views. I don't think I added much personality to it, and I'm not at all fond of the porch cover.

The back of the house, both Aerial and Virtual views. I don't know why any of the windows rendered reflective like that as that was certainly not my intention. The large paved area is supposed to be a patio; I just haven't worked on it much more than putting that base down.

The entrance, both from outside and inside the front door. I kept the coat closet and extra storage on the one side but moved the water heater in with the washer and dryer; you'll see that shortly. The door visible on the left is to the bedroom. The two doors on the right are to the bathroom and the laundry/utility rooms. I do have a retractable ladder up to an attic space in the small hallway, but I made it invisible in this picture as well as the ones below.

The Great Room from four different angles. As you can see I've kept it relatively similar as before but I removed the room-dividing bookcase, put the "living room" part roughly in the middle, and condensed the sewing part a little. I've kept the vaulted ceiling, but now it spans the entirety of the Great Room rather than just the sewing area. I think that I might change the bar chairs so that they are more comfortable, especially for if/when there are guests over. Maybe even add a couple of armchairs near the windows?

The bedroom. Roughly it's the same, but minor adjustments. I believe that I put in a large full length mirror on the wall opposite the double windows; not visible in this picture and I think barely noticeable on the floor plan screenshot below.

The Laundry/Utility Room. As you can see, I separated the laundry space from the bathroom, and included the water heater, HVAC unit and electrical panel into this room.

And finally the bathroom. I think it looks a lot less cramped than it did before, when the washer and dryer were in there.

Floor plan screenshots, both levels. The retractable ladder is now visible here, although the roof beams and roofing aren't (except for the roofing over the porch).
----------------------------------------

[Mar 1, 2021, 9:54:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Aeowyn,

Happy to see again your work here.
carefull to covid. wink

So, nice house but to avoid the heat of summer, you might have to put on a small cap like this one but less advanced (about 2 feet).

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Mar 1, 2021, 1:48:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Thank you; I've missed having something to post about, as well as time to work on any non-sewing projects.

After posting about that last version, I was preoccupied with what I could do to change the front, how I was to accomplish it. Just as I was falling asleep it came to me, and luckily I remembered it when I woke up in the morning.

Here's what I came up with.

I hadn't thought about what to do with the patio, and I like what you've suggested. I might see about doing something along those lines at a later date. Oh, and I added the Japanese maple tree so that the aerial picture have the house more central.

First, I bumped half of the front of the house forward - the part with the Entrance, Bathroom, and Laundry/Utility Room. In so doing, I figured that I could switch the Bathroom with the Laundry/Utility Room. Also, because of the "bump out" I ended up moving the wall that the Kitchen space is part of; in so doing, in order to keep the symmetry in the Great Room, I had to move the one Bedroom wall as well as the wall in the attic space. All of these changes meant some small rearrangements of the furnishings. I was even able to add in another small lower cabinet in the Kitchen area.

It looks like I could fit in a small table next to the Kitchen island, if I wanted to. I might do that at a later date as well... maybe a small table of some kind near the front door...

[Mar 3, 2021, 4:56:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I've taken in the suggestion, and probably went a bit overboard on it...

I moved the roof beams out so that they hang out passed the back wall, lengthened the roofing to cover that, added a couple of pergola and some columns, added some lights (although I think that they might not be as bright as I would like), and using boxes added the additional beams. Instead of having the roofing only a couple feet passed the back wall, it's about 8 feet... with the pergola out an additional 8 feet (or so)... and added lighting... So, basically it's now a party space... just waiting to be furnished. laughing laughing laughing

So, here's updated pictures that show the new back patio cover from inside the house.

Also, taking a second look at the floor plan I don't think that I really have much room for a small table next to the Kitchen island after all, so I didn't add one.

I included those last two because of the shadow from the patio cover. smile

[Mar 3, 2021, 8:10:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

I almost forgot to include the updated file! shock

Here it is. smile

[Mar 3, 2021, 8:14:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Once again, I couldn't leave one of my projects alone, if there's even the faintest hint of something bothering me about it... I wanted to add a garage, a guest suite, and a separate office... and ended up with another new file for 25-4524. Also, while adding the new part, I of course couldn't help but make a few minor changes to the rest of the house...

As you can see, not only did I add the new structure - designed to match with the old structure of course - I also added the driveway, walkway, sidewalk, curb, and a part of the street. I also made the new structure as wide as the old, but a little longer to accommodate the extra living space in the back.

Yes, I mirrored the front of the house on the back part of the new structure; if I didn't it would be just a plain box. This is the door to the Guest Suite.

As you can see I changed out the porch lights, as well as the patio lights, and they now all match.

Minor change here; I darkened the wall paint so that the green tone that I'm trying for is more noticeable.

The wall paint is darkened here too. The bar stools are now grey instead of white. I've had to adjust the position of the windows between the old and new structures to accommodate the pergola used as the passageway covering between. I've moved a few storage pieces in the sewing area, as well as moved the desk a little over. I believe that's all the changes that I made here...

Minor changes here. I changed the fabric of the comforter and moved the wallpaper to behind the bed. The wall mirror that I'd mentioned before is now visible.

I darkened the paint in here, changed out the silver bits with brass, and lightened the glass around the tub. I might have moved the overhead light a little.

No changes here.

Here's a closer view of the patio. I still haven't furnished it yet... And another view of the new structure. The door visible here is to the office behind the garage. And I just realized that with all of these new pictures, I didn't get a picture of the door to the storage area that you'll see on the floor plan screen shot later...

The Office space. I realize that that one part of the wall is very strangely green, but it's supposed to be a "green screen" for the person sitting at the desk. The small door on the wall is to the water heater for this structure, and the sliding door next to it is to the powder room for so that whoever is using this office doesn't have to make either a mad dash to the house or try to get into the guest suite to "go"... The exterior door is right behind the Virtual Visitor.

The Guest Suite, standing in front of the exterior door. There's of course a bed, a place to sit and watch TV without being on the bed, and a place to sit with a small table (on the other side of the dresser) for coffee or whatnot... although I didn't add a spot to make the coffee... The closet is just out of shot on the left, behind where the "green screen" is in the office. The door visible in the middle of the picture is to the en suite bathroom.

The Guest en suite Bathroom, standing with the door on the left. With the way that I designed it I couldn't figure out how to include a bathtub so I just put in the shower stall instead.

The Garage, standing with the garage door to the right, and the passageway and a bit of a view into the Bedroom. I think that there might be room in here for two cars but I only have one in there.

I didn't take a picture of the storage room because it's only an empty rectangle.

And of course, last but not least, the screen shots of the floor plan levels.

[Mar 7, 2021, 9:19:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

Surprise, surprise! I'm still here. laughing

Anyway, I've gotten back into modifying my home plans, again. And I've thought of (mostly) another alternative to that last house. I created another version of the previous house posted here, where the garage/storage/office/guest suite are actually attached to the main house instead of as a separate building. I started with a fresh file, laid out the walls, copied/pasted the most of the furnishings from the previous version, and voila!

Here's the new file, as far as I've been able to complete in an hour or so.

And since I no longer know what I need to do to display pictures from MediaFire, here's the links to a couple of pictures.

Aerial Front

Level 0

One problem that I've come up against at the moment: How to design the roof over the one half of the house without changing the roof over the other? I still like having the vaulted ceiling over the Great room.

[Jan 28, 2022, 8:04:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Surprise, surprise! I'm still here. laughing
Happy come back !

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jan 28, 2022, 8:36:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

So, I went with the roof of least imagination on this latest version, unfortunately. And since I finished off the roof, I finished off the rest of the house.

Houseplans.com 25-4524 Alternate 2d

And, since I seem to be having trouble adding the pictures to my posts now, here's a link to a folder of the pictures.

[Feb 13, 2022, 12:59:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AeowynFraser
Advanced Member

USA

8 months since I last posted here, it looks like. Wow! Since going back to school and working on a couple of sewing projects, I haven't had much time to be here. I see so many new projects from so many people here; it's so wonderful to see that! Looking at all of the new postings is going to take a while.

On to the reason that I'm back. laughing I've taken a look at the house from my last post... and unsurprisingly made another alternate version! This one has two stories, two en suites, and even two attic spaces!

Houseplans.com 25-4524 Alternate 3

And once again I'm not able to display pictures; I don't know why I can't share images from MediaFire anymore, so here's the folder on that site that has the pictures of it.

A large part of the house has been left the same since the last version (guest bedroom, main floor bathroom, laundry room, kitchen area, master suite, front porch, garage, storage room), but there are some major changes to the rest of it. The main change, of course, is that there is now a top floor with a loft, three new bedrooms, one new bathroom, and a second master suite. Other changes include a new front facade, turning the back doors so that they swing out instead of in, a large dinning table added, a bigger entertainment center and sofa, a couple of reading chairs, the double glass doors to the office have been replaced with a regular door, some furniture rearranged in the office, furniture (and a fireplace) have been added to the back porch, a whole new roofing system, and a second attic.

I was able to have the larger entertainment center, larger sofa, and the extra chairs added to the great room because I had moved the furniture for sewing to the loft that now overlooks the great room.

I guess that I could consider this house design to be more mine and just inspired by the original one on Houseplans.com, rather than just changed a bit by me?

[Sep 5, 2022, 5:28:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 21   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved