Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3328 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
ottertooth

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Why are the elevations wrong?

I drew my house and put in a lot of features, like pipes, months ago. I recently came back to finish drawing in more pipes. But for some unknown reason, the elevations are all wrong. For example, a pipe I drew months ago has an elevation of 53. It is 53cm off the floor. I want to draw another pipe coming out of that pipe. So I grab a pipe from the sidebar and drag it into the floor plan. Then I set the elevation to 53. But the new pipe does not appear 53cm off the ground. It's way higher than that. So now I have to guess by trial and error what height to set the elevation for this pipe at. It takes a long time to determine what SweetHome thinks the elevation should be. It's like that for everything I'm adding into the plan now. Instead of appearing at the correct elevation, they're appearing at unknowable elevations.

Is this because I updated the program to version 6.3? Does that have anything to do with it?
[Jul 2, 2020, 9:35:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Why are the elevations wrong?

2 things you can check
Go to the tool bar > furniture, scroll down to display column, check the box's for level and elevation. Those columns can viewed on your component list, along with name, size and visibility.
Make sure you are adding the new pipes to the same level and compare elevations.
Good luck
[Jul 2, 2020, 11:30:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

When you drag a new item in your design, SH3D will automatically stack it on top of any object that is already in that spot, even if there is only a partial overlap. This comes in handy when you place a lamp on a table, etc.

You can avoid this by placing the new item next to its neighbour and then use the arrow keys to move it to its position.
The alternative is to place new objects using exact X,Y coordinates.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jul 2, 2020, 11:53:43 PM]
[Jul 2, 2020, 11:52:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

Those boxes are checked. It made no difference.

This is just one example. A pipe I drew months ago says Elevation: 53. When I add another pipe, with the same elevation, 53, it does not appear 53cm off the floor. It appears way higher than that. Yet both the old pipe and the new pipe say they are at 53. They both say that in Modify Furniture > Elevation(cm). It makes no sense. How can they both be at 53 when they're at totally different elevations?

Everything I add to the model is at the wrong elevation now. It does not make sense. If I set the new object at 53 elevation, it should appear at 53 elevation which would meet the existing object which also has an elevation of 53, according to Sweet Home. Not at some completely different height.
[Jul 3, 2020, 12:26:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Do you have different levels in your plan? Make sure your pipes are at the same level.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jul 3, 2020, 4:18:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

The pipes are on the same level.

I'm not doing anything differently than when I originally drew all the other things in. The only thing I can think of that might be causing this problem is, I upgraded SweetHome to version 6.3.
[Jul 3, 2020, 5:14:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Would you be willing to let one of us have a look at your file, see if we can figure it out for you?
[Jul 3, 2020, 5:37:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ottertooth

After I woke up this morning I thought about what UbuntuBirdy said about the levels again. It's true, I was on the wrong level. I have 3 levels in the basement because that's how the foundation was built. So I opened SweetHome after being away from it for a while, saw that I was in the basement, and went right back to drawing. But actually the level was set to 'North Basement'. I can still see everything in 'Basement' when it's set to 'North Basement'.

There doesn't appear to be a way to see which level an object is on, in the 'Modify Furniture' dropdown menu. If there is, I don't see it. I do have 'Level' checked in Furniture > Display Column, so it should indicate levels there? But it doesn't. If I had seen it in Modify Furniture, I would have immediately realized I was on the wrong level.

Now I see that the levels are shown in the lower left pane. Is there a way to switch objects to a different level? Or else I might have to delete everything I've done since returning to this project and do them over again.
[Jul 3, 2020, 9:40:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Cut (Ctrl+x) all the objects which are in the wrong level, switch to thr right level and paste (Ctrl+v) them.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jul 3, 2020, 9:57:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You can make levels invisible or visible. That should help to sort out what is where.
Use ctrl-x and ctrl-v to cut and copy selected items betweens levels.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 3, 2020, 9:58:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved