Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3880 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
MorningZ

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to add curved sidewalk?

I've hit a dead end when it comes to doing something putting together my floorplan. I have a curved sidewalk in front and I have no idea how to represent it here in Sweet Home 3D

I found this post that is similar to my issue kind of, but I do not see what or where the "floor tool" is in the application (macOS version)

I've created the (temporary) walls for filling the floor, how do I do it? When I delete the walls, will that take the floor with it?

Is there another way?

Thanks in advance
[Jun 26, 2020, 9:36:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: How to add curved sidewalk?

You're on the right way.

Just select only the walls after create your pathway and delete them.

wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jun 27, 2020, 5:31:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You're on the right track.
Enclose a space with walls, fill in with a "room" without ceiling. Then delete the walls you don't need. The room will stay.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 27, 2020, 9:19:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

The "room" tool is to the right of the wall tool

Select the tool, double click inside your walls, right click>modify room> uncheck ceiling as Hans says, you can modify the floor texture while your at it.
[Jun 27, 2020, 11:08:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

P.S. make sure all the walls are joined together, room tool will not function correctly if there is even the smallest gap.
VIDEO
[Jun 27, 2020, 11:12:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MorningZ

USA

Thanks for the help, done!!

[Jun 28, 2020, 12:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved