Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1670 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Plutarch

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Two lofts / mezzanines at different elevations

Hi

First time user. I am glad I found this software - thank you. I hope to use it for a few projects.

I am not a designer or 3D artist, so I can't seem to figure a couple of things out.

I am designing a simple rectangular building. At one end, the loft/mezzanine needs to have a ground level ceiling height of 210cm. At the other end, another loft mezzanine needs to have a ground level ceiling height of 230cm.

I am making my way through this tutorial: http://www.sweethome3d.com/blog/2015/08/29/how_to_design_a_mezzanine.html

I understand it, however, because the top level can only have one elevation, the walls are not going to match up, as they are lower on one side of the ground level than the other side (ie. 'uneven', or not the same wall height all around the ground level).

I would greatly appreciate any hacks/workarounds/suggestions as to how to achieve two lofts/mezzanines with different elevations within the same block, from any clever person who knows a way.

I am also unsure as to how to:

- Specify ceiling height
- Create a top-level ceiling that follows the A-frame roof shape (like an attic etc).

Guidance here would also be much appreciated.

Looking forward to working with SH3D - I tried a lot of other programs and I think this is the best so far.

Thanks.
[Jun 21, 2020, 1:49:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: Two lofts / mezzanines at different elevations

Hi Plutarch

I think i see what you are after, i have made a file where i created this -:

if it is something like what you need then you can download it HERE , you will need to take note of the elevations, wall heights and room modifications.
Good luck, looking forward to seeing some images in the gallery. smile

Mike
[Jun 21, 2020, 6:15:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Plutarch

Australia

Thanks Mike - I very much appreciate you going to that effort for me. I will analyse the file and let you know how it goes. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I am new to the forum and thought that I'd get email notifications if there was a reply, but I checked it manually and saw your post.

I'll post an update within a day or so. Thanks again.
[Jun 22, 2020, 11:58:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Plutarch

Australia

Hey Mike - replicating the steps in your file was of huge benefit to me. Not only could I see what you did, but it made me learn a whole stack of things that I would've otherwise asked. Without your help, it would've taken me ages to figure out that levels can be used like that.

I am finding answers to questions I have in the documentation and the forum, so I'll just ask two that I'd appreciate confirmation on:

- If I need to create custom furniture/joinery etc, do I just create the structure in a new file and export as OBJ, then import into the house project? If you have a good link explaining this, that would be great.

- I have installed all the free models and textures provided on this site. That got me started nicely. If I want to spend a few bucks getting a bunch of extra textures and furniture/items, are there readily available libraries you can recommend that are perfect for SH3D (especially textures)?

Thanks again.
[Jun 24, 2020, 12:09:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Plutarch

Australia

Quick edit: Furniture-wise, I have just discovered many things I need on Trimble.

My questions still remain RE textures and custom furniture process using SH3D. Thanks again.

I'm loving this software.
[Jun 24, 2020, 1:16:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Plutarch

Australia

All good - I just found the Sketchup Texture Club website. That should cover most things. Cheers.
[Jun 26, 2020, 10:50:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved