Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2776 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
AnonymousCheese

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Stretched Textures

So I'm fiddling around with some of the models I have in a build I'm working on. I'm using the included 3D model of the grey "Sofa" that comes with the download. In order to achieve a level of realism, I'm changing textures of many of the models I have to, well, achieve realism. I've noticed that some of the textures stretch over certain surfaces, as pictured above, the back and seat of the couch are fine, but the sides show "lines" where the texture should be.

Obviously this destroys what I'm trying to achieve. I've fiddled around with the settings I've been able to find and it hasn't changed anything. Is this just a flaw with the models, or am I missing something?

Is this something I should just fix by texturing the model on its own after I've exported to .OBJ format (which is the end goal anyway), or is it something I can fix now to avoid it later?
[Jun 21, 2020, 4:36:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Stretched Textures

Some 3D models don't have texture coordinates which avoid this kind of effect on the left and right sides of an object. The solution would be to modify the 3D model in a program like Blender to generate texture coordinates, but if you never used such a software, it might be quite complicated for you.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 24, 2020, 10:30:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AnonymousCheese

Re: Stretched Textures

Some 3D models don't have texture coordinates which avoid this kind of effect on the left and right sides of an object. The solution would be to modify the 3D model in a program like Blender to generate texture coordinates, but if you never used such a software, it might be quite complicated for you.

Actually the intention was to import it to blender in order to fiddle with certain textures anyways. Which is what I ended up doing. I kind of assumed it was just a little issue with the models. It's not a big deal, I just thought that if I could fix it in Sweet Home, that I'd do it before exporting to Blender for some finishing touches.

Thank you for the response. :)
[Jun 24, 2020, 9:03:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved