Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7404 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Roof Building for 2020 SH3D v6.3.1

The dialogue box is correct. Here is how it works.
I am sharing a large image so i will not have it appear here.

LINK to view the image

LINK to download the image.

Resizing them is fine, 1 word of warning, length and depth are fine, but as you change the height, the object will become thinner, once you have made a couple of pieces i am sure you will opt to make individual pieces so they fit together better.

I have never tried to take anything from SH3D to another software prog, so sorry cannot advise there, if you can figure that out then i would imagine the follow me tool would be very useful for the soffits and fascia, i use box's for the horizontal pieces and generate more shapes for the angled pieces.

To aid your landscaping, HERE is a link to download several shapes, they may have been made by OKH, not sure, but he is kindly sharing them.
[Jun 20, 2020, 11:52:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Maybe you can use only boxes ans triangles like in the example 15 of the Gallery ?
[Jun 21, 2020, 10:45:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NotAnArchitect

US

Thanks Mike! I grabbed the the downloads and will work more on the using the Shape tool. I am going to try the shape tool again and follow your example, I am sure that will help me greatly.

I did try the export thing and here's a link to the result thus far, exterior only. The exported SH object easily imported into Live Home 3D, except for the furniture, I sized it up and made a roof. Exported the roof only as a piece of furniture and imported it back into Sweet Home. It took a couple to times to get it just so, but it is close enough. Even with their roof tools, I still had a difficult time making it work perfectly, and I don't think the main slope is correct because the interior loft overlook should have more room. I'm pretty sure it's a visual problem with me translating 2d to 3d, I can lay it out but translating into 3D seems to trip me up.

Goonies never say die! Lol!

Front with Roof

Have a good one! smile
[Jun 21, 2020, 7:15:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

That does not look too bad, would you mind sharing a sh3d file with the walls in, i am away for 5 days starting tomorrow, when i return i may take have a go at your file, looks an interesting challenge
[Jun 21, 2020, 7:51:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved