Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 945 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Bill_L

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to make the color and shape look the same

Hi, everyone, I am trying to use the software to create a set of pictures for my visual search experiment. I want the distractors to have the same shape but different color or have the same color but different shape as the target.

For the shape, I don't need the same shape/different color to be exactly the same shape, I only need it to look the same size as the target.

But due to the distance and lighting, I can't have the same shape or same color unless I use my owe eye to adjust it.

I attach a picture to illustrate, the tablet in the red rectangular is the target and the two frames in the black are the distractors.

Any suggestions about how I canget the same shape/color in a more systematic way, so I don't have to writhe "use my own eye" in my paper? Thanks in advance.

[Jun 8, 2020, 3:56:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How to make the color and shape look the same

If you don’t want that the lights of the scene alters the color of an object, you could use a 3D model at OBJ format with an associated MTL file containing materials with an illum 0 setting. See this thread for some examples (even if that thread is about how to make glowing lights with ray tracing renderers).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 10, 2020, 7:06:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

And about the fixed shapes, it’s not possible to avoid the resizing / deforming / hiding effect of the perspective projection.
Using OBJ spheres with an illum 0 setting could avoid the deforming effect (you would get a disc with a fixed color) but it still could be more or less large at screen according to its distance to the camera and possibly hidden by other objects in front of it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 10, 2020, 7:19:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bill_L

Thank you. I will try to use the .obj format
[Jun 12, 2020, 3:45:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved