Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1093 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
pencilart
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Levels, transparency and categories

After a long hiatus and getting back into SH3D, I'm making a split level home but having some difficulty...

Observations:
Wishlist: Search function for furniture already in library (say, I forgot what category I had placed imported furniture in.)
Ability to put furniture in different category (say, I put a piece of furniture in the Living Room category but needs to be moved to Stairs or Miscellaneous category.)

Plan transparency: Allow user to set transparency of level (in the Plan pane) so that placing furniture and walls is more accurate. At the moment, I have to guess where my placements are in relation to already placed furniture and walls.

When level is added, there is no way to edit walls to adjust the level to match what was placed in lower level. (Staircase added to level 1, then level 2 was added, stairs did not match up with walls/room created on upper level and the room was too high and I could not find a way to adjust it except to go to lower level and raise the stairs on that.)
[Jun 5, 2020, 6:07:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Levels, transparency and categories

Happy to see you back Pencilart smile

If you want to search in the library, you should select the Searchable list option in the preferences.

I'm not sure to understand what you mean by level transparency. At the moment, objects at lower levels are visible only if they are higher than the elevation of the upper level.
If you added the staircase in level 1 before adding level 2, you could have drawn walls at the upper level around that staircase, couldn't you?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 6, 2020, 9:36:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Re: Levels, transparency and categories

I have a couple of screenshots to show you...

<<If you added the staircase in level 1 before adding level 2, you could have drawn walls at the upper level around that staircase, couldn't you?>> ... I couldn't see where exactly the staircase was.
Attachment Graphpapercantseethrough.png (720134 bytes) (Download count: 728)
Graphpapercantseethrough.png
Attachment cantseeplans2.png (302166 bytes) (Download count: 581)
cantseeplans2.png
[Jun 7, 2020, 1:28:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved