Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1329 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
jpcr

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Sci-Fi test : suggestions on how to do this?

hi everyone, smile

i would like to use SH3D to try to get close to the design in the picture bellow, any trick /ideas on how to do this?

to my google drive

sorry, i don't find how to share a picture so i have share a folder in google drive .

JP
[Jun 2, 2020, 9:01:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jpcr

Re: Sci-Fi test : suggestions on how to do this?

the picture i want to try to recreate:

[Jun 2, 2020, 10:09:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Hi jpcr,

you can create a lot with SH3D if you are creative and patient.

Here is a little project that gives you a hint on how to create almost any model you need:

Futuristic-window

Note:
Creating models a lot larger than you need, makes it easy to zoom in on details.

Lots of luck, and be sure to pst your finished result in the gallery

Cecilia
[Jun 2, 2020, 5:22:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Forgot to mention: Create a new level and construct on Level 1, NOT level 0. Else you will not be able to export your room.
[Jun 2, 2020, 5:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jpcr

wow, thank you so much Ceciliabr , smile

i need to spend a little time analyzing what you gave me but this is great .

jp
[Jun 3, 2020, 8:18:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coldcomfort

From the look of the picture it seems fairly simple. For example a square window with the corners filled in with the triangle shape object. Circular walls can be exported and imported back as .obj to be used for barrel ceilings. More intricate models can be had from grouping together a bunch of rectangular boxes then used as a repetitive motif like the wall/door shapes. I use sketchup for that kind of job, when the geometrical shapes get a little out of hand for SH3D. Easy to import and resize them to your liking.
[Jun 4, 2020, 5:38:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi jpcr
Maybe have a look here for some inspiration
here
I seem to recall there being a link to a youtube clip, but cannot find it
[Jun 4, 2020, 6:29:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jpcr

thank you Everyone smile
[Jun 7, 2020, 9:01:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved